Following crops are grown in the Sahara Desert
The Sahara and its oases and plateaus hold life of all kinds. Beyond the above vegetation, you can expect to find figs, oranges, acacia trees, tobacco plants, oleander, peyote cactus, and many more shrubs, trees, plants and cacti.
Tafilalet Oasis is in
Tafilalt, also spelled Tafilet or Tafilalet, largest Saharan oasis of Morocco, in the southeastern part of the country. The oasis comprises the fortified villages of Erfoud, Arab Sebbah du Ziz, Rissani, Seffalat, Aoufous, and Jorf, together with palm groves stretching 30 miles (50 km) along the Wadi Ziz.
Shey in Ladakh is famous
In Ladakh the word 'La' means
The correct answer is A as LA in ladakh is a mountain pass . moreover Ladhak means land of high passes
Ladakh is a
The correct answer is C as Ladakh is a cold desert in India. It lies in the Great himalayas on the eastern side of Jammu and Kashmir. It has the mighty Karakoram Range in the North and in the south, it is bound by the Zanskar mountains
The Karakoram Range in the ____ and the Zanskar mountains in the ___ enclose Ladakh.
Ladakh is a cold desert lying in the Great Himalayas, on the eastern side of Jammu and Kashmir. The Karakoram Range in the north and the Zanskar mountains in the south enclose it. Several rivers flow through Ladakh, Indus being the most important among them.
____, one of the coldest inhabited places on earth is located in Ladakh.
Dras is widely recognized as the second coldest inhabited place in the world. Dras is popularly known as 'The Gateway to Ladakh'
The capital of Ladakh is
Which of the following river flow in Ladakh
Ladakh lies in the rain shadow of
The altitude in Ladakh varies from about
The altitude in Ladakh varies from about 3000m in Kargil to more than 8,000m in the Karakoram.
Due to high altitude the climate of Ladakh is
In Ladakh it is freezing cold in the winters when the temperatures may remain below ______ for most of the time
The climate of the Ladakh desert is extremely cold and dry due to its high altitude which varies from about 3,000 m in Kargil to more than 8,000 m in Karakoram. The air at this altitude is so thin that the heat of the sun can be felt intensely. The day temperatures in summer are just above zero degrees and the night temperatures are below -30C. Winters are extremely cold with temperatures below -40C most of the time. There is very little rainfall in this region. It is as low as 10 cm every year. The area experiences freezing winds and burning hot sunlight. There is always a chance of sunstroke and frostbite at the same time.
There is little rainfall in the Ladakh as low as ___ every year
Ladakh is in a rain-shadow region and so don't receive monsoon winds thereby summer is dry but whatever little precipitation occurs is in the form of snowfall during freezing winter months. the rainfall in ladakh is as low as 10 cm per year. this is because ladakh is in rain shadow area of himalayas.
Manali - Leh highway crosses how many mountain passes
Leh Manali Highway - Enroute Through 6 Mountain Passes
1. Rohtang La: Rohtang Pass or Rohtang La is first High Altitude Himalayan Pass on Manali-Leh Highway which comes between the stretch of Marhi and Sissu. It belongs to Kullu Valley of Kullu District, Himachal Pradesh, India. It is one of the most Popular High Altitude Himalayan Passes of Indian Himalayas. Rohtang Pass is favorite destination for Tourist & Travelers across the world.
2. Baralacha La: Baralacha La is second High Altitude Himalayan Pass on Manali-Leh Highway which comes between the stretch of Zing Zing Bar and Bharatpur. It belongs to Lahaul Valley of Lahaul & Spiti District, Himachal Pradesh, India.
3. Nakee La: Nakee La is third High Altitude Himalayan Pass on Manali-Leh Highway which comes between the stretch on Sarchu and Whisky Nalla (Bisky Nala). It belongs to Ladakh region of Leh District, Jammu & Kashmir, India.
4. Lachung La: Lachung La is fourth High Altitude Himalayan Pass on Manali-Leh Highway which comes between the stretch of Whisky Nalla and Pang. It belongs to Ladakh region of Leh District, Jammu & Kashmir, India.
5. Tanglang La: Tanglang La is fifth High Altitude Himalayan Pass on Manali-Leh Highway which comes between the stretch of Debring and Rumtse. It belongs to Ladakh region of Leh District, Jammu & Kashmir, India.
6. Gata Loops is a series of 21 hairpin bends that leads to the top of one of the highest motorable passes in Ladakh region that is Nakee La. Gata Loops is located at an altitude of 17000 feet above the sea level and thus gifts so many wonderful sights of the snow-laid peaks in the back ground and excitement filled journey till the top most portion.
The oasis in the desert support population
A place in the desert with natural supply of fresh water is called oasis. Some oasis serve as a permanent source of water supply for the people living in deserts. Oasis also have sufficient water to support a variety of plants. People may settle around these water bodies and grow date palms and other crops.
Ladakh is also known as
Ladakh is the region in the state of Jammu and Kashmir of India. it lies between kunlun mountain range to great Himalayas. Ladakh means the land of high passes and is known for culture and mountainous beauty. the other name of Ladakh is khapa-Chan which means land of Snow or snow land .
The Chiru or the Tibetan antelope is an
Shahtoosh is a name of
Shahtoosh "king of fine wools") is a fine type of wool made from the hair of the Tibetan antelope. It is also a metonym for a type of Kashmir shawl traditionally made of shahtoosh wool.
In Ladakh ___ milk is used to make cheese and butter
Yak milk and meat provide as food to some of the local people in Ladakh. The Yak's thick hair is used to weave warm blankets. Yak dung provides fuel in the treeless areas of Leh.