|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
The incorrect statement about hemoglobin is:
Which of the following metal is used for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Species having large number of unpaired electron can be used in MRI. As Gd has seven unpaired electron. Hence, used in MRI.
The function and metal associated with carboxy peptidase are respectively:
Carboxypeptidase is responsible for cleavage of peptide bond as it has Zn2+ ion at active centre
Which of the following compounds does not involve in the electron transfer in photosynthesis:
Cytochrome b is not involve in electron transfer in photosynthesis
The compound which do not involve in the electron transfer in any process of living beings:
Tarnsferrin is involved in transport of iron and have Fe in +3 oxidation state
Which of the following is not a heme protein?
Haemocyanin, do not contain Fe and porphyrin. Hence, it is a non-heme protein.
The substances which act as iron transport and iron storage respectively are:
Transferrin and ferrtin are responsible for Fe transport and storage respectively.
The transition elements of 4d and 5d series which have no similar size are
The value of spin multiplicity in ground state term of Nd3+ is _____
The value of J in ground state term of Pr3+ is ..........
Which of the following aquated Ln3+ ion is not coloured
there is 4f-5d transition. It absorbs in UV. Therefore, it is colourless
The correct statement about Ln3+ ions is
(1) Their magnetic moments increase with increase in number of unpaired electrons
(2) All Ln3+ ions are coloured
(3) The crystal field splitting energy increases with increase in ligand field strength
(4) Most of the Ln3+ ions show sharp bands in their absorption spectra
(1) The magnetic moment of Ln3+ ions depends on the spin-orbit coupling, not on the number of unpaired electrons.
(2) La3, Ce3+, Gd3+, Yb3+ and Lu3+ colourless
(3) Since, the 4f-orbitals buried deep inside the atom, there is no or little interaction between Ln3+ ions and the ligands. Therefore, zero value does not depend on the nature of ligand.
(4) For the same reason discussed in point 3, most of the Ln3+ ions show sharp peaks.
The lanthanides which show abnormal behaviour towards lanthanide contraction are
In Eu and Yb metals, which have the stable electronic configuration 4f7 6s2 and 4f14 6s2. Only two electrons contribute in the M-M bonding resulting in the +2 oxidation state. In the other lanthanoids, three or more electrons participate in M-M bonding resulting in the +3 oxidation state of metal.
The substances containing iron and responsible for oxygen transport are
Hemoglobin and hemerythrin contain iron and both are responsible for oxygen transport.
The correct statement about cytochrome c-oxidase is
Cytochrome c contains a heme iron metal center that is essential to its function. During the electron transport process, this heme iron interconverts between the Fe3+ and Fe2+ oxidation states, which allows for electrons to be accepted and donated.
Match the following
The number of oxygen molecules that a molecule hemerythrin can transport is ___________
The most stable oxidation state of Uranium is ........
The coordination number of Ce in is ______
In this complex ion, NO-3 acts as bidentate ligand. Therefore, coordination number of Ce is 10.
Number of metal ion present in active site of Cytochrome C-oxidase is/are_____
It contain Fe and Cu