The secondary stems grow out from the main stem, and these stems have:
Roots and stems carry:
The correct answer is b
The stem is the stalk or trunk of a plant. They pass the water and minerals onto xylem, which is a tissue that transports the water and minerals through the plant. We find xylem in both the roots and the stems of plants. This is also true of phloem, which is a tissue that transports food through the plant
One day when Ananya was holding her sunflower plant, the stem of the plant accidentally broke. Her plant died two days later. Why?
1. The plant could not transport food made by the leaves to the rest of the plant
2. The plant lost too much water through the break in the stem
3. The plant could not transport water from the roots to the leaves
This plant is found in Australia. It has very few leaves. Local people put a thin pipe into the trunk of this tree to drink water. This tree is:
Look at the following picture of leaves and identify the plant or tree name:
There are four plants:
Among those four, mushroom should be categorized differently because:
1. The mushroom feeds on decaying things while the rest do not
2. The mushroom is a plant while the rest are not
3. The mushroom is a fungus while the rest are not
4. The mushroom cannot make its own food while the rest can
Anish and his friends set up an experiment as shown below:
They left the set-up in bright sunlight for four hours.
Q. What would they observe at the end of the four hours?
Saumya performed an activity as follows:
She took a plant with many leaves. Then she covered a healthy leaf of that plant completely with some black paper and left the plant in the open for three days. Finally she performed starch test on both the leaves.
Q. What would happen?
Which part of a sugarcane plant contains food?
Which of the following processes increases the amount of carbon dioxide in the air?