Match the List-I (Layout types) with List-Il (Layout characteristics):
A. Process layout
B. Product flow layout
C. Fixed position layout
D. Cellular layout
1. inflexible to significant changes in product design.
2. Distinct part families and expanded worker training.
3. Low equipment utilization and high skill requirement.
4. Large work-in-process and increased material handling.
The layout of ship-building industry should be
A cutter breaks while cutting gears and is removed by the operator. Which of the following represents this activity on the flow process chart?
Which of the following factors influences a plant layout?
1. Type of industry
2. Type of machines
3. Type of products
4. Volume of production
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
Group technology is connected with
Cellular or Group layout: Cellular layout is based on the group technology in which large variety of products are needed in small volumes (or batches). The cellular layout or GT is thus a combination of process and product layout. Therefore, it possesses the features of both
Hybrid layout is a combination of
Which of the following is not a advantage of cellular manufacturing system?
As machines are close together at the shop floor, material handling cost becomes lower in cellular manufacturing system,
Suitability of process layout not applied for
Suitability of product layout:
1. Assembly line such as automobile factory.
2. Low variety, high-volume production system
3. For standardised products, which have quite stable demand in near future.
Suitability of process layout:
1. For non-standardised product.
2. For low-volume, high variety manufacturing environment.
3. For frequent changes in product design.
4. For job-shop manufacturing.
5. For very expensive machines like CNC milling, CMM etc
Which of the following is not an example of fixed position layout?
Which of the following is not a performance related objective for a good facility plant layout?
Minimum worker movement is the objective related to material movement.