|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
The study of thermodynamics provides answer to the followings:
1. whether a process is feasible or not
2. to quantity the energy required for a process
3. rate or speed with which a process occurs
4. extent to which a reaction/process takes place
Which of the above statements are correct?
Consider the following statements:
1. Thermodynamic properties are the macroscopic coordinates significant only for systems existing in states of thermodynamic equilibrium.
2. Engineering thermodynamic studies about transfer and transformation of energy.
3. Engineering thermodynamics studies about storage, transfer and transformation of energy.
Which of the above is/are correct?
Match the following List-I with List-ll:
A. Centrifugal fan
B. Control volume
C. Intensive property
D. Microscopic property
1. Open system
2. Internal energy
3. Filling a tire at air station
4. Specific energy
Match the following List-I (Thermometer) with List -II ( Thermometric property)
Convert the following readings of pressure to kPa, assuming that the barometer reads 760mm of Hg and match the List-I and List-II
50 cm Hg vacuume:
80 cm Hg gauge:
1.2 m of H20 guage:
Match the List-I (Terms) with List-ll (Description) and select the correct answer:
A. Change of state
1. Succession of states
2. One or more properties changes
3. Change of state for specified path
Properties are the coordinates to describe the state of a system. They are state variables of the system. Any operation in which one or more of the properties of a system changes is called a change of state. The succession of states passes through during a change of state is called the path of the change of state is called a process. A thermodynamic cycle is defined as a series of state changes such that the final state is identical with the initial state.
Ice kept in a wail insulated thermo-flask is an example of which system?
For an isolated system executing a process
1. no heat transfer takes place
2. no work is done
3. no mass crosses the boundary
4. no chemical reaction takes place within the system
Which of the above statement are correct?