Match the powder production technique given in List-I with the corresponding shape listed in List-ll:
Match the particle morphologies in List-I with the powder production methods in List-ll:
A. Superalloy powder with rounded morphology
B. Monosized spherical Ta powder
C. Fe powder with orion peel structure
D. Irregularly shaped W powder
1. Carbonyl process
2. Gas atomization
3. Oxide reduction
4. Rotating electrode process
Consider the followings statements:
1. Sintering is a heating process used to increase.the strength and hardness of the compact powder.
2. Sintering temperature is approximately equal to three-fourth of melting temperature.
3. Vacuum sintering is employed for stainless steel and titanium.
Which of the above are correct?
Which of the following metals has the greatest sintering temperature?
Which of the following metals has the highest sintering time?
Pores in the metal powder are significantly reudced by sintering. It is mainly due to
Powder metallurgy process uses
Consider the following statements pertaining to powder metallurgy:
1. Wastage of material is almost nil.
2. Close dimensional tolerance are possible.
3. Near net shaped statements are valid?
Which of these statements are valid?
Which of the following metals are commonly employed in powder metallurgy?
Consider the following statements:
1. The bulk density of metal powder is less than its true density.
2. The sum of the porosity and packing factor is equal to unity.
3. The packing factor for loose metal powders lies between 0.5 and 0.7.
Which of the above statements pertaining to metal powder is/are valid?