It is desired to condition the outside air from 70% RH and 45°C dry bulb to 50% RH and 25°C dry bulb room condition. The practical arrangement would be
When atmospheric air is heated at constant pressure its
1. Humidity ratio does not change
2. Relative humidity increases
3. Dew point temperature does not change
4. Web bulb temperature increases
Which one of the following is correc
Humidity ratio does not change
The Sensible Heat Factor of a room is given by (SHL = Sensible Heat Load and LHL = Latent Heat Load)
Sensible Heat Factor
The Latent Heat Factor of a room is given by (SHL = Sensible Heat Load and LHL = Latent Heat Load)
Latent Heat Factor
The main process which takes place in a desert cooler is
In desert dry bulb temperature is very high and relative humidity is very low hence cooling and dehumidification process is used.
If during the sensible cooling B is the by-pass factor, then coil efficiency is given by
η + B = 1; η = 1 - B
The by-pass factor for a cooling coil
By pass factor decreases with an increase in the velocity of air passing through it.
The heat load from the occupants in air conditioning load calculation is a source of
Sensible heat load is due to following:
1. The heat flowing into the building by conduction through exterior walls, floors, ceilings, doors and windows due to temperature difference
2. Heat received by solar radiation through glass of window, ventilations
3. Heat gained by lightnings, machineries, cooking operations, industrial processes etc.
Latent heat load is due to following:
1. Heat gain due to moisture in the outside air entering by infiltration.
2. Heat gain due to condensation of moisture from occupants.
3. Heat gain due to condensation of moisture from any process such as cooking.
For air-conditioning the operation theatre in a hospital the percentage of outside air supplied is
In operation theaters no ventilated air is supply while 100% fresh air is supplied due to requirement of sufficient Oxygen.
In an air-conditioning plant the refrigeration load on the coil is 100 TR. The mass and enthalpy of air leaving the coil are 420 kg/minute and 40 kJ/kg respectively. What will be the enthalpy of the air at the inlet to the coil under these conditions,