Arrange the following materials in order of their increasing die life:
Zinc and aluminium are best cast by die casting, because of their low melting points and better fluidity.
Which of the following casting processes uses a rotating mould?
Mechanical properties of the cast parts are superior in
Centrifugal cast parts have sound mechanical properties because of elimination of impurities by centrifugal action In the process.
Consider the following statements pertaining to investment casting:
1. It uses a wax pattern.
2. Large number of castings can be produced.
3. Only small size castings can be produced
4. It uses pressure to feed the molten metal into the mould cavity.
Refractory slurry is used in
Which of the following materials is not suitable for centrifugal castings?
Aluminium and magnesium alloys have low density and due to rotating mould being used in the centrifugal casting these materials have tendency to get segregated, affecting the quality of casting.
Most commonly used materials cast by using hot-chamber die casting include
Most commonly used materials cast by using cold-chamber die casting include
Which of the following casting process can suitably replace a rolling operation?
Match the List-I (Casting processes) with List-II (Description):
A. Continuous casting
B. Squeeze casting
C. Shell-mould casting
D. Slush casting
1. A variation of sand mould casting
2. Used for making ornamental and decorative objects
3. Also known as strand casting
4. Uses pressure during solidification