Consider the following statements performing to emission norms;
1. Strictest emission norms are initiated in the world first in the state of California of U.S.A.
2. No emission norms/ standards apply to seaaoina ships or airplanes.
3. Bharat stage Ml emission norms is applicable in India for 4-wheelers since 2008.
4. BS-IV (equivalent to Euro IV) is applicable in india for 11 major cities
Which of the above statements are true?
Statement (3) is wrong. BS-ili norms is applicable since 2010.
Which of the following statements pertaining to compression between Bharat stage and Euro norms are correct ?
1. The difference between BS and Euro norms lie essentially in environmental and geographical needs.
2. B,S - 111 and Euro - HI is tested at sub - zero temperature.
3. A speed of 90 km/h is stipulated for BS -1II, whereas it is 120 km/h for Euro -111, keeping emission limits the same in both cases.
Euro-Ill is tested at sub-zero temperature in European countries, in India, vehicle is not tested at sub-zero temperature because average annual temperature ranges between 24°C and 28°C.
Which of the following is exhaust emission?
(a), (b) and (c) are non - exhaust emissions.
Select the major exhaust emissions among the following:
1. Unburn hydrocarbons
2. Oxides of carbon
3. Oxides of nitrogen
4. Oxides of sulphur
5. Particulates, soot and smoke
6. Crankcase biowbv emissions
(6) is non-exhaust emission.
All of the following causes are valid for hydrocarbon emissions from SI engine, except
Following are the causes for hydrocarbon emissions from SI engine:
(i) Incomplete combustion
(ii) Crevice volumes and flow in crevices
(iii) Leakage past the exhaust valve
(iv) Valve overlap
(v) Deposits on walls
(vi) Oil on combustion chamber walls
Select the correct statements pertaining to hydrocarbon emissions:
1. Major source of HC emission from 2-stroke SI engines is through scavenging.
2. Cl engines have only about one-fifth HC emissions of an SI engines,
3. Cl engine has combustion efficiency of about 98%, so HC emission is only 2%.
Which of the following is false statement:
Some of the methods used to reduce diesel smoke are as follows
1. Using additives in the fuel.
2. Engine derating i.e. reducing the maximum flow of fuel.
3. Increasing the compression ratio.
4. Adherence to proper fuel specification.
5. Avoidance of overloading.
Exhaust pipes of engines are covered with insulating material in order to
In petrol engine, which of the following gas gets exhausted out without burning and without transformation ?
The advantage of reversing the flow of air in an air cleaner is to