Pulversation of coal is done
Which of the following is not the desirable property of a good fuel?
Sulphur content in a fuel
The incomplete combustion is indicated by the presence of
Carbon is not completely burnt and forms smoky product CO.
Consider the following statements:
1. Pulverised fuel gives high and controlled burning rate.
2. Insufficient air causes excessive smoking of exhaust.
3. Excess air is provided to control the flue gas temperature.
4. Effect of sulphur in fuel is to give high heat transferrate.
Which of the statements are WRONG?
(i) Excess air is provided for completing the combustion.
(ii) Effect of sulphur is corrosion.
Match List-I (Type of coal) with List-ll (Coal properties) the following:
1. Artificial fuel derived from coal
2. Contains inflammable gas (volatile matter) and burns with flame
3. Very hard and high heating value
4. High ash content and less volatile matter
A draught of 1 mm of water is equivalent to
Draught means a force required to
The amount of draught necessary for a certain boiler installation is least dependent upon
Which of the following statement is not true in the context of draught produced by chimney?