Which of the following is needed to use the transportation model?
Which method usually gives a very good solution to the assignment problem?
In applying Vogel’s approximation method to a profit maximation problem, row and column penalties are determined by
The concept of Vogel’s Approximation Method can be well understood through an illustration given below :
The difference between two least cost cells are calculated for each row and column, which can be seen in the iteration given for each row and column.
Which one of the following is riot the solution method of transportation method?
The matrix in assignment model is
Assignment model can be solved by conventional linear programming approach or transportation model approach, it is square matrix, having equal number of rows and columns. The objective is to assign one item from row to one item from column so that total cost of assignement is minimum.
In order for a transportation matrix which has six rows and four columns not to degenerate, what is the number of occupied cells, in the matrix?
Number of cells for non-degenerate solution
= 6 + 4 - 1 = 9
Consider the following statements:
1. For the application of optimally test in case of transportation model, the number of allocations should be equal to (m + n) where m is the number of rows and n is the number of columns.
2. Transportation problem is a special case of a linear programming problem.
3. In case of assignment problem, the first step is to dummy row or a matrix by adding a dummy row or a dummy column.
Which of these statements is/are correct?
Consider the following statements on transportation problem:
1. In Vogel’s approximation method, priority allotment is made in the cell with the lowest cost.
2. The North-west corner method ensures faster optimal solution.
3. If the total demand is higher than the supply, transportation problem cannot be solved.
4. A feasible solution may not be an optimal solution.
Which of these statements are correct?
Penalty cost method is
One disadvantage of using North-West Corner Rule to find initial solution to the transportation problem is that