Which of these statements is correct ?
Parties put forward their _____ and _____ and the voters choose from them.
Parties put forward different policies and programmes and the voters choose from them. Each of us may have different opinions and views on what policies are suitable for the society. But no government can handle such a large variety of views. In a democracy, a large number of similar opinions have to be grouped together to provide a direction in which policies can be formulated by the governments.
Political parties exercise power through which of these functions ?
The correct option is D.
The functions political parties perform in a democracy are:
1) Candidates are put forward by parties to contest in elections. These candidates may be chosen by the members of the party or by the leaders of the party.
2) Parties put forward different policies and programmes and the voters choose from them.
3) Parties play an important role in making laws for a country. Laws are usually debated and passed in the legislature.
4) Parties form and run governments. They recruit leaders and train them to be ministers and run the government in the way they want it.
5) Parties that lose the election form the opposition. The opposition voices different views and criticizes the failures of the government.
6) Parties shape public opinion. They have lakhs of members all over the country, and they play a great role in influencing the way people think.
7) Parties provide the common man access to government machinery and welfare schemes. It is easier for a person to meet a local party leader than a government official.
Who chooses the candidates for contesting elections in India ?
When was the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) formed ?
The correct answer is D as The Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPI (M)) is a communist political party in India. It is one of the national parties of India
Which of these statements is incorrect about CPI (M) ?
CPI(M) supports socialism, secularism and democracy and opposes imperialism and communalism. Accepts democratic elections as a useful and helpful means for securing the objective of socio- economic justice in India.
In which of these states does the CPI (M) enjoy strong support ?
Fill in the blank.
An ______ is a signed document submitted to an officer, where a person makes a sworn statement regarding her personal information.
Which of these statements is correct ?
How many parties are registered with the Election Commission of India ?
Which of these countries has a oneparty system ?
Which of these is not a good option for a democratic state ?
Which of the following countries is the example of two-party system ?
Which of these alliances were there in 2004 parliamentary elections in India ?
The 335 members included both the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance, the governing coalition formed after the election, as well as external support from the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), Samajwadi Party (SP), Kerala Congress (KC) and the Left Front.
Which of these is true regarding the party system of any country ?
A party system is a concept in comparative political science concerning the system of government by political parties in a democratic country. One-party system: a system in which a single political party has the right to form the existing constitution, or where only one party has the exclusive control over political power.
Those parties which are given the special privilege of ‘election symbol’ and other facilities are said to be :
B is the correct option.Parties recognised as such are given unique symbols which only the official candidates of that party can use. The parties that get these privileges and some other special facilities are “recognised by the Election Commission” of India for this purpose. That is why these parties are called recognised parties.
Which party is recognised as a ‘State party’ ?
How many recognised national parties were there in 2006 ?
There were six national recognised parties in the country in 2006.
- Indian National Congress (INC).
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
- Communist Party of India - Marxist (CPI-M).
- Communist Party of India (CPI).
- Nationalist Congress Party (NCP).
In which of these categories can the Indian National Congress be put ?
A is the correct option.INC is popularly known as the Congress Party. One of the oldest parties in the world, founded in 1885. A centrist party (neither leftist nor rightist) in its ideological orientation, the party espouses secularism and welfare of weaker sections and minorities.
When was the BJP founded ?