Following factors are accounted for the fuel-air cycle analysis:
1. The actual composition of cylinder gas.
2. The variation in the specific heat with temperature.
3. The effect of disscoation.
4. The variation in the number of molecules after the combustion.
Which of these are valid?
Dissociation can be considered as
Valve overlap is the period in which
Opening the intake valve before the TDC improves
Volumetric efficiency is not affected by
Mean effective pressure at a given compression ratio is maximum when the air-fuel ratio is
The mean effective pressure of Otto cycle may be expressed in the form
(All notations have standard meaning)
Lenoir cycle is used in
Lenoir cycle consists of the following processes
• Constant volume heat addition (1-2)
• Reversible adiabatic expansion (2-3)
• Constant pressure heat rejection (3-1)
Lenoir cycle is applicable to pulse jet engines.
With increasing temperature of intake air, IC engine efficiency
Due to high inlet temperature, maximum cycle temperature also increases which may cause dissociation.
The air standard Otto cycle consists of
Air standard Otto cycle consists of two reversible adiabatics, and two constant volume processor.