Direction: Five statements are given below, labelled 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 which are supposed to be in a logical order. A statement labelled P is given thereafter. P can replace one of the five statements such that the four statements along with P would make a coherent paragraph. You have to identify which statement should P replace and then the find out the correct sequence from the options. If the five options are in logical order and form a coherent paragraph/passage, choose the fifth option “12345”.
1) The future of Germany’s coalition government is hanging in the balance after the country’s interior minister reportedly announced his intention to resign over a migration showdown with Angela Merkel.
2) Horst Seehofer, who is also leader of the Christian Social Union, on Sunday night offered to step down from his ministerial role and party leadership in a closed-door meeting in which he and fellow CSU leaders had debated the merits of the migration deal Merkel hammered out with fellow European Union leaders in Brussels.
3) But with CSU hardliners believed to have tried to talk the combative interior minister into staying, a press conference was postponed until Monday, with Seehofer seeking to go back to Merkel in search of a final compromise.
4) At a 2am media conference, Seehofer said he had agreed to meet again with Merkel’s party before he made his decision final.
5) “We’ll have more talks today with the CDU in Berlin with the hope that we can come to an agreement,” Seehofer said.
P. Merkel said on Sunday she wanted the CDU and its Bavarian allies to continue working together.