If T is the chopping period, Ton the on-time period of chopper and Toff the off-time period of the chopper, then consider the following statements associated with the methods of controlling the output voltage of a chopper:
1. In pulse-width modulation (PWM) scheme, T is kept constant while Ton is varied.
2. In variable-frequency modulation (VFM) scheme, T is varied while either of Ton or Toff is kept constant.
3. In PWM scheme, the output voltage can be varied between zero to source voltage.
4. The large Toff in VFM scheme may make the load current discontinuous
5. PWM scheme is better than VFM scheme.
Which of the statements given above are correct?