Which one of the following is a Central Service?
The Lokayukta and Uplokayuktas Act was first passed in
Which of the following are functions to which the scope of the discretionary powers of the Governor is limited?
1. The appointment of the Chief Minister
2. The dismissal of the Ministry
3. The dissolution of the Legislative Assembly
4. Assent to Bills Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
State Governor has constitutional discretion in the following cases:
"We are under a Constitution, but the Constitution is, what the judges say, it is."
"Persons better qualified or those supposed to have greater interest at stake be given more votes than those who are less qualified." This differential system of voting is called
A is the correct option.Weighted voting can exist in a legislative body in which each elected representative has a different voting power as determined by the total number of citizens who voted for them in the general election.
Whi ch one of the following is the most important advantage provided by the two-party system?
Which one of the following makes the English Constitution unique?
The statement "it brings about a chasm between executive sources of knowledge and legislative centres of their application" applies to
In which one of the following systems of government is bicameralism an essential feature?
The institution of Lokayukta has been adopted on lines similar to:
Which of the following are envisaged by the Right against exploitation in the Constitution of India?
1. Prohibition of traffic in human beings and forced labour
2. Protection of the interests of minorities
3. Prohibition of employment of children in factories and mines
4. Abolition of untouchability
Choose the correct answer from the code given below
The Right against Exploitation enshrined in the Indian Constitution guarantees the dignity of the individual. It also prohibits the exploitation or misuse of service by force or inducement in the following ways: It prohibits human trafficking i.e. it criminalizes buying and selling of human beings like a commodity.
The State shall not make law which takes away or abridges the fundamental rights. Which one of the following shall not be construed as law for this purpose?
If all male citizens were conscripted in accordance with the fundamental duty of defending the country, the law would
It would amount to discrimination on the basis of sex and violative of principle of equality also enshirned in Article 14 of the constitution of India.
Which of the following statements about a uniform civil code is/are correct
1. It is binding on the State that a uniform civil code must be made applicable to all
2. The provision regarding a uniform civil code is contained in Part III of the Constitution
3. The provision regarding the uniform civil code is not applicable to the State of Jammu and Kashmir
4. The Supreme Court of India has directed that a unifrom civil code must be made applicable to all within ten years.
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
The question whether any, and if so what, advice was tendered by Council of Ministers to the President
The Constitutional amendment relating to the declaration of emergency (1978) requires the President of India to act in accordance with the
The Constitutional amendment relating to the declaration of emergency (1978) requires the President of India to act in accordance with the Collective advice of the entire Council of Ministers.
Decision on question as to disqualifications of membership of either Houses of Parliament rests with the
What is the maximum permissible strength of the Legislative Assembly (Vidhan Sabha) of any State?
The quorum to hold a meeting of a House of the State Legislature shall be
The Supreme Court of India is different from its counterpart in the U.S.A.
B is the correct option. Difference between Indian Supreme court and the American Supreme Court: The federal court of America does not have advisory jurisdiction but the Supreme Court of India has “advisory jurisdiction”.
There is no judicial review in the U.K. because
Whi ch one of the foll owing items comes under the Concurrent list of Indian Constitution?'
Which of the following statements regarding the residuary powers in the Constitution of India are correct?
1. Residuary power have been given to the Union Parliament
2. In the matter of residuary powers the Constitution of India follows the Constitution of Australia
3. The final authority to decide whether a particular matter falls under the residuary power or not is Parliament
4. The Government of India Act. 1935 placed residuary powers in the hands of the Governor General Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
An inter-State Council may be established by
The correct option is B.
The Inter-State Council is a non-permanent constitutional body set up by a presidential order on the basis of provisions in Article 263 of the Constitution of India. The body was formed by a presidential order dated 28 May 1990 on recommendation of Sarkaria Commission.