The SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level) Tier II exam is conducted for candidates who have cleared the Tier I examination. It is an important stage in the selection process and requires thorough preparation. The syllabus for SSC CGL Tier II exam can be categorized into four sections: Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, and General Studies (Finance and Economics). Let's take a detailed look at each section:
1. Quantitative Aptitude:
This section evaluates the mathematical and numerical ability of candidates. The topics covered under this section are as follows:
- Arithmetic Ability: Percentages, Ratios and Proportions, Averages, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Partnership, etc.
- Algebra: Basic Algebraic Identities, Linear Equations, Quadratic Equations, Polynomials, etc.
- Geometry: Lines and Angles, Triangles, Circles, Quadrilaterals, Mensuration, etc.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric Ratios, Heights and Distances, Identities, etc.
- Data Interpretation: Tabulation, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, etc.
The Quantitative Aptitude section carries 100 marks in total.
2. English Language and Comprehension:
This section evaluates the language skills and comprehension abilities of candidates. The topics covered under this section are as follows:
- Reading Comprehension: Passage-based questions to test reading and understanding skills.
- Vocabulary: Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, One-word Substitution, etc.
- Grammar: Spotting Errors, Sentence Improvement, Fill in the Blanks, Active and Passive Voice, Direct and Indirect Speech, etc.
- Para Jumbles: Rearranging sentences to form a coherent paragraph.
- Cloze Test: Filling in the blanks with appropriate words or phrases.
The English Language and Comprehension section carries 200 marks in total.
This section is only applicable for candidates appearing for the Statistical Investigator Grade-II and Compiler posts. The topics covered under this section are as follows:
- Collection and Representation of Data: Classification, Tabulation, Histograms, Frequency Polygons, etc.
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion: Mean, Median, Mode, Variance, Standard Deviation, etc.
- Probability Theory: Basic Concepts, Conditional Probability, Binomial Distribution, etc.
- Sampling Theory: Random Sampling, Sampling Error, Sampling Distributions, etc.
- Statistical Inference: Hypothesis Testing, Confidence Intervals, Chi-Square Test, Analysis of Variance, etc.
The Statistics section carries 200 marks in total.
4. General Studies (Finance and Economics):
This section is only applicable for candidates appearing for the Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer, and Junior Statistical Officer posts. The topics covered under this section are as follows:
- Part A: Finance and Accounts - Fundamental Principles, Financial Accounting, Basic Concepts of Economics and Introduction to Microeconomics, Money and Banking, etc.
- Part B: Economics and Governance - Comptroller and Auditor General of India, Finance Commission, Theory of Demand and Supply, Indian Economy, Economic Reforms in India, etc.
The General Studies (Finance and Economics) section carries 200 marks in total.
EduRev provides a comprehensive Mock Test Series for the SSC CGL Tier II exam, which includes topic-wise practice tests and full-length mock tests. These tests are designed to simulate the actual exam environment and help candidates assess their preparation level.EduRev Mock Test Series:
- Topic-wise practice tests for Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, and General Studies (Finance and Economics).
- Full-length mock tests covering all sections of the SSC CGL Tier II exam.
- Detailed performance analysis and feedback to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Access to previous year question papers and solutions for better preparation.
Prepare effectively for the SSC CGL Tier II exam with EduRev's Mock Test Series and increase your chances of success.
This course is helpful for the following exams: SSC CGL