|Why students choose EduRev for their CA Foundation Exam||4.6 (150K+ ratings)|
One subscription to unlock all
CA Foundation Courses
View Pricing Plans Starting @ $83 per month
CA Foundation Exam preparation at EduRev
1. CA Foundation course: The CA Foundation course is the first level of the Chartered Accountancy program in India. It is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in accounting, finance, taxation, and business laws. The course consists of four subjects: Principles and Practices of Accounting, Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting, Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics, and Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge. It is a comprehensive course that equips students with the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue a career in accounting and finance.
2. CA Foundation syllabus: The CA Foundation syllabus is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in accounting, finance, taxation, and business laws. The syllabus consists of four subjects: Principles and Practices of Accounting, Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting, Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics, and Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge. It covers a wide range of topics, including financial accounting, mercantile law, economics, and business communication. The syllabus is regularly updated to ensure that it remains relevant and in line with the changing business environment.
3. CA Foundation exam: The CA Foundation exam is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Accountant in India. It is conducted twice a year by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). The exam is divided into four papers, each consisting of 100 marks. The papers are held on different days and cover subjects such as accounting, business laws, mathematics, and economics. The exam is conducted in both English and Hindi languages. To pass the CA Foundation exam, students must obtain a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and an aggregate of 50% marks.
4. CA Foundation registration: To appear for the CA Foundation exam, students must first register with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). The registration process involves filling out an online application form, submitting necessary documents, and paying the registration fee. Students can register for the CA Foundation course after completing their 10th standard examinations. The registration is valid for three years, during which students can prepare and appear for the CA Foundation exam. It is important to complete the registration process within the specified deadlines to avoid any penalties or delays.
5. CA Foundation eligibility: To be eligible for the CA Foundation course, students must fulfill certain criteria set by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). The eligibility criteria include passing the 10th standard examination conducted by an examining body recognized by the Central Government of India. There is no minimum percentage requirement to be eligible for the course. Students who have completed their 10+2 examinations or are waiting for the results can also register for the CA Foundation course. It is important for students to carefully check the eligibility criteria before applying for the course.
6. CA Foundation study material: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) provides study material for the CA Foundation course. The study material includes textbooks, practice manuals, and revision test papers. The study material is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the subjects covered in the course. It is important for students to thoroughly study the provided material to prepare for the CA Foundation exam. In addition to the ICAI study material, students can also refer to reference books and online resources for further study.
7. CA Foundation coaching: Many students opt for CA Foundation coaching to supplement their self-study efforts. Coaching institutes offer specialized classes and guidance to help students prepare for the CA Foundation exam. These coaching classes provide structured study plans, experienced faculty, and regular mock tests to assess students' progress. Joining a coaching institute can help students understand complex topics, clarify doubts, and boost their confidence. However, it is important for students to choose a reputed coaching institute with a track record of producing successful results.
8. CA Foundation online classes: In addition to traditional coaching classes, many students also opt for CA Foundation online classes. Online classes provide the convenience of studying from home and offer flexible learning schedules. These classes are conducted by experienced faculty and provide comprehensive study material, video lectures, and online doubt-solving sessions. Online classes also offer the advantage of accessing recorded lectures and revising the content at any time. However, students must ensure they have a stable internet connection and a suitable device to attend online classes effectively.
9. CA Foundation mock test: Mock tests are an essential part of CA Foundation exam preparation. Mock tests simulate the actual exam environment and help students assess their knowledge and understanding of the subjects. Taking mock tests regularly can help students identify their strengths and weaknesses, improve their time management skills, and build confidence. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) also provides mock test papers for students to practice. Additionally, coaching institutes and online platforms offer a wide range of mock tests and sample papers for CA Foundation exam preparation.
10. CA Foundation result: The CA Foundation exam results are declared by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) approximately two months after the exam. The results are published on the official ICAI website and can be accessed by entering the student's roll number and registration number. The results are presented in the form of a scorecard, which displays the marks obtained in each paper and the overall aggregate. Students who pass the CA Foundation exam are eligible to proceed to the next level of the Chartered Accountancy program, while those who fail can reappear for the exam in subsequent attempts.
(Note: The remaining keywords will be answered in the next response.)
Free Exam Preparation
at your Fingertips!
Access Free Study Material - Test Series, Structured Courses, Free Videos & Study Notes and Prepare for Your Exam With Ease
Join the 10M+ students on EduRev