Difference between metals and non-metals:-
difference on the basis of physical properties :-
1) all metals are solid at room temperature except mercury, which is a liquid at room temperature.
2) all metals are lustrous.
3) metals have high densities except lithium, soduim and potassium.
4) metals are malleable (can be beaten into thin sheets).
5) metals are ductile (can be drwn into wires).
6) they are good conductors of heat and electricity.
7) they have high melting point.
1) non-metals exists as solid, liquid and gas.
silicon is a solid, bromine is a liquid and oxygen is a gas.
2) non-metals are non-lustrous.
3) they have low density.
4) they are non-malleable.
5) they have low melying and boiling point.
6) they are poor conductors of heat and electricity.
7) they are non-ductile.