The Xavier Aptitude Test is an all-India test conducted by Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) as an entrance exam for admission to the post graduate programs in management courses of several management institutes all over India.
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2020
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2020 has introduced number of changes in the exam pattern, duration, Registration among others. It is the second largest MBA entrance test to pursue MBA/PGDM in XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT, XIMB, XIME and other more than 140 top MBA colleges.
• XAT 2020 is a single day single session Exam and has remained the same for last 60 years
• XAT 2020 exam pattern has been changed. The exam will not have Essay Writing Test
Time duration for XAT 2020 Exam has been reduced to 3 hours from 10;00 AM to 1:00 PM now instead of 3 ½ hours
• XAT 2020 Registration Process is online only. Before registering for XAT 2020 you need to ensure that your system is equipped with one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer ( version 11 and above ) or, Mozilla Firefox ( version 50 to 61 ) or Google Chrome (version 50 to 69) to fill the XAT Application Form.
• The XAT exam date 2020 will be same across the country and at international centres.
• On a single XAT 2020 exam date, the exam will be held in 46 XAT test cities across the country and in 2 cities abroad namely, Kathmandu and Dubai.
|Notification Date||August 23, 2019|
|Registration Start Date||August 23, 2019|
|Registration last date without late fee||November 30, 2019|
|Registration last date with late fee||December 7, 2019|
|Admit card available for download||December 20, 2019-January 5, 2020|
January 5, 2020 [9:30 AM to 12:30 PM]
January 31, 2020(Tentative)
Eligibility criteria of XAT is the simplest one among all the National Level MBA entrance exams. XAT Exam Eligibility needs only a pass in your bachelor’s degree while other exams need a particular percentage of marks.
• No Age Bar: XAT Exam 2020 Eligibility prescribes ‘No Age Bar’ to appear in the XAT 2020 exam.
• No Minimum Qualifying Marks: According to XAT Eligibility Criteria 2020, if a candidate holds recognized Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline is eligible to appear in XAT 2020,
• Complete Graduation by June 2020: The candidates completing their final graduation exam by June 10, 2020 may also apply. XAT 2020 eligibility criteria further clarify that candidates in final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for XAT 2020.
• Mere fulfilment of minimum XAT 2020 eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by XLRI or other B-schools in which the applicant applies for admission
• One of the key points prescribed by XLRI in XAT eligibility 2020 is that the candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
The exam consist of the following sections:
• Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)
• Decision Making (DM)
• Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
• General Knowledge (GK)
Section wise XAT Syllabus 2020
Section-1: Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension & Logical Reasoning
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) exam Syllabus for Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning section in XAT 2020 is divided in 3 parts. The 1st part of XAT 2020 syllabus covers questions based on Verbal Ability; 2nd part of exam syllabus on the 1st section covers Reading Comprehension passages and the 3rd part of exam syllabus on VARC & LR section is based on questions on different topics on Logical Reasoning.
Number of Questions: 26. The revamped pattern in XAT exam syllabus for VARC & LR section shows that there are 24 MCQs in this section of XAT exam.
Section-2: Decision Making
XAT Syllabus on Decision Making is unique as neither CAT nor any other national level entrance exam has Decision Making as one of its exam sections. Decision Making is the problem or case solving expertise of a candidate.
Number of Questions: 21
Section-3: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Syllabus of XAT exam 2020 for Quant and DI section is very wide. QA & DI is the 3rd and last section in the revamped XAT exam pattern. This section in XAT 2020 is taken into account for XAT percentile calculation. Syllabus of XAT 2020 for Quant is vast and covers everything in Mathematics that you may or may not expect.
Number of Questions: 27
Section-4: General Knowledge
XAT exam syllabus 2020 for second part in XAT exam consists of only one section- General Awareness (GK) which consists of MCQs. The score in GK section will not be counted for XAT percentile calculation.
Number of Questions: 25
Test Duration & Pattern (XAT 2020)
|Section in Xat 2020 Exam||Number of questions|| Overall Time Duration|
25 Total MCQs
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||27|
|Part-2||25 Total MCQs||15 Minutes|
|Total questions (Part 1 + Part 2)||99|
XAT 2020 Vs XAT 2018 paper Pattern
|XAT exam year||XAT 2020||XAT 2018|
|Test Duration||3 hours||3 1/2 hours|
|Number of Sections||4||5|
|Subjective Answer Question||No||Yes|
|Key Change||Essay writing removed||essay writing existed|
XAT is a paper based aptitude test, followed by a subjective test on essay writing & general awareness.
Applicants should note that registration for XAT 2020 is the preliminary step towards applying to XLRI and XAT Associate Institutes. Applicants should note that registration for XAT 2020 is the preliminary step towards applying to XLRI and XAT Associate Institutes. Applicants applying to XAT Associate Institutes, besides XLRI have to apply separately according to their choice.
Visit xatonline.in choose the tab "Registration" and enter Name, Date of Birth, Contact details and Email-id. A system generated XAT ID and Password will be communicated to you through Email/SMS. Candidate should note down the XAT ID and Password for future communication.
XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 1700/-
Candidates interested in XLRI programmes needs to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each.
XAT Registration Fee (with late fee) – Rs. 2000/-
Candidates interested in XLRI programmes needs to pay an additional fee of Rs. 500/- each.
Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT – Rs. 2500/-
NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT – Rs. 5000/-
Online payment Mode:
Photograph & Signature scan and upload
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his / her photograph and signature as per the specifications given on the official website.
• In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear, the application may be rejected.
• Candidate may edit the application and re-upload the photograph/signature in such case.
XAT scores will be used by XAT Associate Members for admission to their institute.
The candidate desirous of joining any of XAT Associate Institutes has to follow the steps given below:
• Register for XAT 2020 at xatonline.in and make XAT payment.
• Candidates interested in applying to XLRI and other XAT Associate Institutes may obtain details from the respective Institute's website. Check their registration/application procedure.
• Candidates may please note that XLRI does not ascertain quality of the degree or programme(s) offered by XAT Associate Institutes.
• Please note that each institute independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs. XLRI does not play any role in selection of the candidates in these institutes.
All payments made for registration for XAT and XLRI are non-refundable.
The XAT Score Card containing the performance of the candidate in XAT 2020 can be downloaded.
Complete detail of XAT members and Institutes using XAT scores is given on its officail website.
Frequently Asked Questions: For Online Registration Process
Q. 1 How do I know that my application is registered?
Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated "XAT ID". Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application and download the Admit Card.
Q. 2 I want to change / correct the details I entered in the Application?
Prior to submission of the online application, please choose the 'EDIT' option to correct the details. Please remember to take fresh print out after modifying any details. Candidate should note that the data entered in Basic Info cannot be modified.
Please make one more attempt from any other PC with either Internet Explorer (9 or above), Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or above, Google chrome 3.0 or above with java script enabled before filing the report with their help desk.
Q. 3 By Registering and paying for XAT 2020, am I eligible for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Candidates interested in XLRI needs to apply for the programme(s) of their choice during XAT registration. Please note that each institution independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs. XLRI does not play any role in selection of the candidates in these institutes.
For XAT Associate Member Institutes, candidates should refer XAT Associate Institutes website.
Q. 4 I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply for XLRI?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for XLRI.
Q. 5 Any changes in the overall pattern compared to last year?
The overall pattern remains same as last year but no essay.
Q. 6 Can the candidates switch between sections - have access to the entire question paper like a written test?
Yes, candidates can switch between sections.
Q. 7 Will the candidates have access to an on screen calculator?
No, the candidates will not be given access to on screen calculator