Questions Paper 2016 Set -1
CBSE Class XI Business Studies
• This question paper contains 27 questions.
• Answers to questions carrying 1 mark may be from one word to one sentence.
• Answers to questions carrying 3 marks may be from 50 to 75 words.
• Answers to questions carrying 4-5 marks may be about 150 words
• Answers to questions carrying 6 marks may be about 200 words.
• All parts of one question must be written at one place.
1. Name the industries which provide support to other industries.(l)
2. Name the person (partner) who keep his identity secret from others.(l)
a) Sleeping partner
b) Secret partner
c) Active partner
d) Dormant partner
3. Which of the following is not a Government company as per Indian Companies Act 1956(1)
4. Write any two risks involved in e-commerce. (1)
5. Write any two responsibilities of business to customers. (1)
6. Write the full form of GDR and ADR (1)
7. Give any two incentives offered by government to small scale industries.
8. State principal document used in export trade. (1)
a) letter of indent
b) bill of lading
c) bill of entry
d) certificate of origin
9. “Profit is not an objective but a requirement of business”. Do you agree to this statement? Give any two reasons to support your answer. (3)
10. Distinguish between public sector and private sector enterprises (any three points) (3)
11. Explain any three functions of Chamber of Commerce. (3)
12. Explain the following terms used in external trade:(3)
13. What is ploughing back of profit as a source of finance? : Describe any two benefits. (3)
14. What is meant by itinerant retailer? Name and explain any two of them. (3)
15. Give the full forms of RTGS, NEFT, FICCL, ATM (4)
16. What is meant by short term finance? Name and explain any two of them (1+3)
17. Explain the different types manufacturing industries with one example each (4)
18. Write two merits and two demerits of Departmental Undertaking. (4)
19. Explain the benefits of international business (any four points) (4)
20. Explain the steps involved in the Incorporation of a Company. (5)
21. “A Successful implementation of e-business requires some special facilities.” Explain (5)
22. a) A company imports edible oils and sells in the domestic market. But in order to maximize its profits, it indulges in adulteration of edible oil which are used for cooking. The management of the company justifies this act because of rising prices of imported edible oil and government pressure for not increasing prices in the domestic market. Comment on the act of the company.
b) What are the major causes of environment pollution?
23. Explain any five features of small scale industry (5)
24. Explain: Consumers cooperative Society; Producers cooperative society and Marketing Cooperative society. (6)
25. Explain the following principles of insurance:
a) Utmost good faith
b) Principle of indemnity
c) Principle of mitigation of loss.
26. Explain any four factors to be kept in mind while selecting suitable source of finance. (6)
27. Explain three merits and three demerits of departmental stores. (6)