|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament, The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 for regulating the profession of Chartered Accountancy in the country.The Institute, functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
The ICAI is the second largest professional body of Chartered Accountants in the world, with a strong tradition of service to the Indian economy in public interest. The candidates must know that the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) conducts entrance exam namely CA CPT (Chartered Accountant Common Proficiency Test) to select eligible candidates for CA profession. The exam is held twice in a year generally in the month of June and December.
Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is a gateway to enter into the profession of Chartered Accountancy. CPT is open for candidates who have registered for the Common Proficiency Course with the Board of Studies of the Institute on or before the last date for registration, i.e., 30th June 2017 and have appeared or passed or going to appear in 12th class or equivalent recognised examination. This is an objective type examination of 200 marks comprising four sections. The details for Paper-Pencil Mode CPT to be held on 16th June, 2019 are given below.
Eligibility Requirements to appear in CPT:
A candidate shall be eligible to appear in Common Proficiency Test scheduled to be held in June, 2019, if he/she has:
i) Either passed or appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time.
ii) Registered for Common Proficiency Course with Board of Studies of ICAI on or before 30th June, 2017 and
iii) Revalidated his/her registration to Common Proficiency Course (as applicable):
As decided by the Council, the registration to the Common Proficiency Course is valid for a period of 3 years and the student is required to revalidate the same from the concerned Regional Office on expiry of the said period. Further, in order to be eligible for the examination, the student must be having a valid Registration number on the date of application to the Examination.
Candidates who are graduate or post graduate in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) with certain subjects OR Graduates or Post Graduates other than those falling under Commerce stream mentioned above having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) are exempted from passing CPT.
Important dates to remember:
• The beginning of the application process for CPT June 2019: April 4, 2019
• The conclusion of the application process for CPT June 2019 (without late fees): April 24, 2019
• The conclusion of the application process for CPT June 2019 (with late fees): May 2, 2019
• CPT June 2019 Exam is scheduled to be held on June 16th, 2019.
Subjects and Syllabus
A. Fundamentals of Accounting (60 marks)
B. Merchantile Laws (40 marks)
C. General economics (50 marks)
D. Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks)
Exam Mode: It is an Offline Exam i.e. Pen and Paper Mode.
Medium of the Exam: The medium of exam will English or Hindi.
Type of Questions: The Paper will consist Objective Type Questions.
Common Proficiency Test will be held on Sunday, the 16th June, 2019 in two sessions as per details given below:
Timing for overseas centres
How to fill up Online Application Form for appearing in June, 2019
Step 1 – Creation of Account
The candidate shall visit the website http://icaiexam.icai.org and do one time registration [for first time only for filling up the CPT (Examination) Application form] by submitting his/her CPT Registration Number, Date of Birth, e-mail ID and Mobile No. The username and the password shall be mailed to the candidate at the primary e-mail ID supplied by him/her at the time of registration and messaged to the mobile number provided by the candidate.
Step 2 — Review Profile and Fill Application Form
Login with the username and password that you already have from the Dec2016/June2017 Exam Cycle or use the one you received in your email ID/mobile in case you are Newly registered user at this site. (Kindly keep your Login-Id and Password safely with you since the same will be required by you while filling up any examination form upto the C.A. Final Examination).
Check your profile to make any changes and Fill up the Online Application form carefully.
You can change your photograph and signature, if you so wish and opt for the same while you fill the exam application form.
If you so choose to change your photograph and signature, you will be required to print the PDF of your application form, affix your photograph and signature at the specified place on the physical print out, get them attested by a Chartered Accountant or Head of an Educational Institution or a Gazetted Officer and submit it in the normal course, as specified. Those candidates whose photographs and signatures are appearing on the PDF, need NOT send the printout of the PDF to Exam Dept.
Upload the Attested and Scanned Declaration. The size of the scanned file should be within 100 – 300 KB and the file should be in jpg format.
Step 3 — Online Payment of Examination Fee
Step 4 – Submission of Printout of Online Application Form to the Institute
After successful Online payment, candidates can download the PDF of the Online Application Form from his/her dashboard and are required to take a print out of the application form and take the following further course of action before sending it to the institute.
If the Photographs are not appearing in the pdf then Paste two latest photographs of the candidate (pass port size – 3.5 X 4.5 cm)– One attested and one non-attested.
If the Signatures are not appearing in the pdf then Sign at specified places.
Get it countersigned by parent/guardian at the specified place (in any case)
Get the Application Form attested by a Chartered Accountant or a Gazetted Officer or Principal of School/College and Send the printout of the Online Application Form without folding and Superscribing the envelope as "Online Application Form for 16th June, 2019 CPT Exam" by Speed Post/Registered Post to the Joint Secretary (Exams.), Examination Department, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 'ICAI Bhawan', Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110 002.
Fees for CPT June 2019:
For Indian centres: Rs 1,000
For centres in Kathmandu (Nepal): Rs 1,700
For centres located in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai and Muscat: $ 300
Late fee for application:
For Indian and Kathmandu centres: Rs 600
For foreign centres: $10
Mode of Payment of Fee
The payment has to be made online using Master/Visa/Maestro Credit/Debit card/Rupay or Net Banking.
Refund of Examination Fee
No refund/adjustment of fee will be permissible under any circumstances. Multiple payments made online due to systemic error, for a single student (using the correct CPT registration number), will be identified by the system and excess fee received will be refunded to the credit of the respective accounts from where they originated, by the Institute, within 30 days of the last date for submission of forms.
Need to appear in both sessions of CPT
CPT will be held in two sessions. Candidates are necessarily required to appear in both the sessions i.e. morning session and afternoon session. It may be noted carefully that in the event of any candidate appearing in the morning session and choosing to absent himself/herself in the afternoon session or vice-versa due to any reason whatsoever, he/she shall be deemed as absent in CPT and his/her result shall not be processed/prepared/published.
Option to choose Question Paper Booklet in English or Hindi
Each candidate is expected to choose the language of the Question Paper Booklet at the very outset in the CPT examination application form and no change thereafter will be allowed under any circumstances. However, the Answer Sheets will be in English language only. If a student not exercising his option at the time of filling up the form, English language will be taken as the option exercised by the candidate, by default.
On-line facility for seeking change of Centre/Medium for appearing in CPT
Some candidates while filling the examination application form do not exercise reasonable care and commit errors. With a view to provide an opportunity to the candidates to correct such errors, a system has been put in place giving an on-line facility to candidates to view and correct errors if any, committed by them while submitting the examination application form, in the fields of Centre/Medium with effect from May/June 2015 examinations.
The Salient features of the facility are as follows:
1. Manual applications seeking change of Centre/Medium will not be entertained from the applicants.
2. The on-line window for seeking change of Centre/Medium will made available at http://icaiexam.icai.org
3. This online facility (Correction Window) will be available to the candidates, in two separate sessions. The first opportunity (called “Correction Window”) will be free of cost and the second opportunity ( called “Corrections with fee-Window”) will be for a fee of Rs 1000/- per application.
4. Candidates will be able to check the status of their request from the above mentioned website.
Admit card with photograph and signature of all the candidates will be hosted on http://icaiexam.icai.org generally 21 days prior to the date of examination. Candidates may print their admit card from the website, which will be valid for admission to the examination.
We recommend candidates to check admit card carefully and if you find any discrepancy therein, report the same within the prescribed time limit. Candidates must carry admit card on the day exam along with valid ID proof. Do not carry any unwanted item such as the book, notepad, mobile phone, calculator or electronic item. If any candidate fails to provide his/her valid admit card then the authority has all rights reserved to bar him/her from examination
CA CPT Answer Key 2019
The candidates after the CA CPT exam can check the official website to obtain the answer keys. The ICAI will publish answer key through online mode at the appropriate time after the conduct of exam. Candidates can calculate their expected score in the CA CPT 2019 exam with the help of official answer keys. If any candidate finds the discrepancy in the answer sheet then he/she can report the same to the competent authority within the specified time limit. Candidates have to pay the fee for re-evaluating the answer sheet.
Requirement for Passing the Common Proficiency Test
A candidate is required to secure a minimum of 30 per cent marks in each Section and a minimum of 50 per cent marks in aggregate, in all the four Sections to pass the Common Proficiency Test.
There will be negative marking for each wrong answer. 0.25 (One Fourth) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Multiple darkened circles for a question will also be treated as wrong answer.
Any fraction of mark will be rounded off to the next full mark.
It is clarified that there is no provision for improvement of result of CPT examination in the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988. Therefore, such students who have once passed the examination are not eligible to apply/appear afresh/again in the CPT examination.
Result of CPT
The result of CPT is likely to be declared after around one month from the date of CPT Examination. June exam's result will be declared during 12–20 July. Result Card will be issued to all students who appeared in CPT normally within two weeks of the declaration of result. However, candidates can also download their result card from the official website and apply for admission to next stage of CA course. No Pass Certificate will be issued.
Candidates securing a minimum of 70% marks will be declared “Pass with Distinction” and such remarks will be indicated in the Result Card only.
CHECK-LIST FOR FILLING-UP CPT June, 2019 EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM
1. Before filling up the form, please determine your eligibility (ignore filling up the form in case you do not comply with the eligibility requirements).
2. Ensure that all columns of the form are filled up/selected correctly and are correctly appearing in the pdf.
3. Centre is selected correctly and is correctly appearing in the pdf.
4. Medium of the examination is selected correctly and is correctly appearing in the pdf.
5. The scanned copy of the declaration uploaded pertains to the current exam cycle.
6. Ensure that photographs and signatures have been affixed (if the same are not appearing in the pdf) at appropriate columns of the printout of the exam form. (printout of filled up exam application forms are not required if your photo & signatures are appearing correctly / completely in the printout of your exam application form).
7. Address has been recorded correctly and is correctly appearing in the pdf.
8. In case the pdf is not containing the photo/signature then candidate has to get the declaration signed and pdf is got attested.
9. Retain a copy of the pdf/filled-in form for your future reference.
10. In case the photo/sign is not appearing in the pdf, please take attestations and send the pdf (print out) of the online sumbitted examination application by speed post/registered post only.
11. Keep in safe custody the speed post/registered post receipt issued by postal authority for sending the pdf (print out) of the online sumbitted examination application form to the institute/ receipt issued by icai in case the application is deposited by hand.
LIST OF EXAMINATION CENTRES
Overseas Exam Centres
There are few overseas exam centres also, which are as below:
Guidelines relating to appearance in CPT
1. Candidates will be allowed to use battery operated portable calculator in CPT. Scientific Calculator is not allowed.
2. Each candidate will be provided separate OMR Answer Sheet for Morning Session and Afternoon Session which are to be handed over to the Invigilator of the Examination Hall/Room at the close of each Session along with Question Paper Booklet.
3. If a candidate is found to have resorted to or has made an attempt to resort to unfair means in the examination, the Examination Committee of the ICAI may take disciplinary action against the candidate concerned as it may think fit.
The Centre Superintendent has absolute authority to expel a candidate from the examination hall, if in his/her opinion, the candidate has adopted or attempted to adopt unfair means in connection with the examination. Any candidate expelled from the examination hall must before leaving the hall, submit his/her explanation in writing to the Centre Superintendent.
4. Smoking, chewing of tobacco/betel, intoxicant, etc. is strictly prohibited in the examination hall.
5. Mobile Phones and other electronic gadgets (except calculator as permissible) are not allowed in the examination centre/hall.