CBSE Class 11 Business Studies
Time allowed: 3 hours, Maximum Marks: 90
i. Answer to questions carrying 1 mark may be from one word to one sentence.
ii. Answer to questions carrying 3 marks may be from 50 to 75 words.
iii. Answer to questions carrying 4-5 marks may be about 150 words.
iv. Answer to questions carrying 6 marks may be about 200 words.
v. Attempt all parts of a question together.
vi. Question Nos. 1 to 8 are very short-answer questions carrying 1 mark each.
vii. Question Nos. 9 to 14 carry 3 marks each.
viii. Question Nos. 15 to 19 carry 4 marks each.
ix. Question Nos. 20 to 23 carry 5 marks each.
x. Question Nos. 24 to 27 carry 6 marks each.
1. Kanishka is a student of XI class. She has full knowledge of all characteristics of business. She is advising one of his friends that "Business is a bed of roses" So there is no harm in adopting it as a Career. Do you think she is right in saying so? Give Reason.
2. Thomas Cook Ltd. is an organisation which provides packages to tourists for different places around the globe. Which kind of business is it doing?
3. What is a Departmental store?
4. If the properties of a company are insufficient to repay all its debts, can the balance amount be repaid with the private properties of the members of that company. Give reason.
5. Which type of Organisation has a disadvantage namely 'No benefit to poor people'?
6. What is getting information about bank balance on mobile & Some latest transaction called?
7. Give the names of tWO items of owners fund.
8. Give full form of DIC.
9. A Company has decided to donate 1% of its sales to on NGO serving mentally disabled people. This instigative of the Company was highly appreciated by the public and their sales increated by 10%.
a. Identify the objective depicted in given example.
b. Write any other aspect of the objective discussed in para.
c. Write the value followed by company by its act.
10. "A contract of fire insurance is a contract of indemnity and indemnity only" Comment.
11. Indian Advertisers Pvt. Ltd. is a company which provides an advertising service. The company's business is wide-spread. The company needed funds for some time. Which was fulfilled by taking Demand Loan from the bank. The company is availing the services of an out side firm instead of Post Office for sending out its letters and parcels. This company has the tradition of inviting specialists from different places for the help of its employees. On the basis of information given above, answer the following questions:
i. What Kind of business is this company concerned with?
ii. What is the name of the service taken by the company for sending out letters and parcels? Define.
12. Ram has set up on enterprises in private sector, his objective is to earn the maximum profit. He says that the will achieve his objective at any rate, even if he has to do any immoral activity. Point out the social values likely to be affected by his approach.
13. Make a list of three limitation of retained profits.
14. "I buy and deal in variety of goods, sell them in small quantities and am the last link in the distribution chain." Who am 'I'? What services do 'I' provide to the people from whom buy my goods? Write any two.
15. Continuos exploitation of milkman of Charm Wood village by the intermediaries compel them to form a voluntry association to protect their interest, gain acers to markets there by assuring maximum returns for their efforts and Welfare of the members.
1. Name the form of business organization adopted by the milkman.
2. Give any two examples of organisation identified in (a.)
3. Which values are being influenced by such an approach of there persons.
16. State any four types of Banks on the basis of functions.
17. Give arguments in favor of social responsibility of business.
18. Write a short note on following documents:
i. Certificate of Origin.
ii. Bill of Loading
19. A company wants to issue such shares as do not have the right of preference for payment of Annual Dividend and refund of Capital at the time of Liquidation. Identify such shares and describe any three advantages. 20. Primary industries are connected with the extraction and production of natural resources and reproduction and development of living organism and plants etc. Primary industries are further subdivided into two categories. One of these is engaged in breeding plants and animals for reproduction and other draw out products from natural resources. Identify the two sub categories of Primary industries and give three examples of each.
21. What do mean by ATM? Write full form of ATM. Highlight the utilities of ATM.
22. What is District Industries Centre? Explain its functions.
23. Riwaz Mega Mart has a network of shops spread across India. While opening different stores, the management emphasises on having them located in popular localities so that customers can approach them easily. They have a centralised procurement system of goods. They recently opened a store in Rajouri Garden in Delhi but unfortunately the store did not bring in appropriate footfalls for the business. So if was decided that the Store be shifted to Greater Kailash Where possibility of more business generation is there. The strategy of the organisation was successful.
a. Which is type of business referred to here?
b. Which advantage of the above model is stated here?
c. Explain any three limitation associated with it as well.
24. Discuss the factors that determines the choice of the form of an organisation.
25. Do Public sector units need different organisational forms than private sector units. If yes, Why?
26. Define the terms:
i. Medium Term Finance
ii. Convertible Debentures
iii. Self financing
iv. Cumulative Preference share.
27. Landmark Ltd. is a company dealing in making stainless steel items. With increase in demand and need for making best quality product, it has decided to buy high technology machine from Japan. What procedure will Land Mark Ltd. need to follow? Explain in detail