CLAT : CURRENT AFFAIRS 21st TO 27th Jan 2019 CLAT Notes | EduRev
The document CURRENT AFFAIRS 21st TO 27th Jan 2019 CLAT Notes | EduRev is a part of CLAT
All you need of CLAT at this link: CLAT
- Edelman trust index released, India holds 52 points, placed second on the list after China. - The index measures an average percent of trust in NGOs, Media, Biz, and Gov
- 15TH Pravasi Bharatiya Divas held at Varanasi. Theme- 'Role of the Indian diaspora in building new India.
- India's first Interstate-bridge of the country in Jammu & Kashmir - 1.2 km long 'keediyan-gandigal' bridge, connects Punjab and J&K.
- Indians - over 65 years of age and under 15 years of age can now visit Nepal and Bhutan using 'AADHAR Card'.
- Odisha CM,'Naveen Patnaik', raises the social security pension by Rs.200/month.
- India's largest coastal defense exercise held at Kochi.
- Arunachal Pradesh declares Pakke Paga Hornbill Fest as its 'State Festival'.
- India 54th at - 'most innovative country index' launched by Bloomberg Business - the list topped by South Korea.
- India - 80th on global talent competitive index, according to a report released by INSEAD biz school. Switzerland held the top spot.
INTERNATIONAL affairs around the globe.
- Andry Rajoelina is sworn in as the new president of Madagascar. The capital of Madagascar - Antananarivo, and currency is Ariary.
- Rio-de-Janeiro declared as the world capital for architecture for 2020 by UNESCO
- Christophe Marie Dabire - Prime Minister of Burkina Faso whose capital is Wagadugu and currency is Franc.
- Sultan Pahan is Malay's new king.
- Shanghai opens the world's 'Longest Concrete Bridge'.
Biz and finance
- Ravneet gill to replace Rana Kapoor as the new CEO AND MD oF Yes Bank. - Ravneet was earlier working as the CEO of Deutschland Bank.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. gets a nod to acquire stakes in HATHWAY & DEN. - to acquire 66% in DEN & 51.3% in Hathway for a total of 5200 Cr.
- India to enter $100 Billion Mergers&Acquisition Club- 200 deals worth $110 Billion took place last year like 'Walmart-Flipkart' merger etc.
- Assam's Numaligarh Refinery gets the 'Best Miniratna PSU' Award - Numaligarh Refinery is a Joint Venture of Bharat Petroleum, Oil India and Gov. Of Assam.
- Arab Economic and Social development meet organized by Lebanon
Science and innovations
- India launches KALAMSAT with PSLV C-44 from Sriharikota.
- Israel successfully tests Arrow-3 missile.
Bharat Ratna C N R Rao conferred with the first Sheikh Saud
- Indian Navy's Airbase launched at Diglipur, Andaman & Nicobar.
- The UK to support Nitrogen Research in India.
- Ankita Raina awarded- $25000 for winning Int. tennis federation's Singapore tourney.
- Mohd. Shami becomes the fastest Indian bowler to reach 100 wickets in 56 matches.
- Mumbai marathon won by Cosmas Lagat of Kenya and Worknesh Alemu of Kenya and Ethiopia respectively in women's category.
- India-African field training ex. (IAFTX) 2019, conducted at College of Military Engineering, Pune.
- Conference on sustainable agriculture was concluded at Hyderabad.
- RPF women squad, 'JYOMATI BAHINI', launched at Guwahati.
- Indian steel 2019 Exhibition and conf. held at Mumbai.
- Coast Guard of India and Japan undertake disaster rescue op. at Yokohama
- 'Lakshmi Vikas Bank' appoints 'Parthsarhi Mukherjee' as it MD and CEO.
- Prof. CNR Rao-Sheik Saud international prize for material sciences.
- BJP MP Anurag Thakur awarded the 'Sansad Ratna Award'
- Gujarati poet Sitanshu Yashchandra to get 27th 'Saraswati Samman 2017' - instituted by KK Birla foundation.
Don't forget to rate and upvote if this content helped you.