It is 10 marks unread passage for class 7th students .Hope it will help teacher in making question paper and help students in practicing the passage:
Read the following passage carefully:
Trees are of importance not only to men but also to birds and animals. the branches of trees give shelter to millions of birds and forests this shelter to numerous wild animals .we value trees not only for their usefulness but also for their beauty .they have a way to refreshing the eye and also refreshing the mind . Perhaps that is why these the rishis of olden days were drawn to the forests, their people choose to make the forest their homes in company of nature. in Modern Times when Rabindranath Tagore started a school he to choose a place full of trees and called it Shanti niketan or the home of peace.
Once Upon a Time large areas of India were covered with forests full of numerous kinds of trees .as the population growth is begin to be cut down for mens used that is how the wonderful forests described in our ancient poems ,came to be destroyed and a great part of our forest wealth was lost. Now we are trying to replace this lost and are Government wants trees to be planted all over the country. A new festival called Van Mahotsav has been started for this purpose. Since these are the countries that we must consider it our scared duty to protect them. We should plant new trees wherever we can and look after them well.
On the basis of the reading of the passage ,answer the following question in brief:
1. How are trees important for birds and animals?
2. Why did the rishis in olden days make forest their homes ?
3. Mention the reason that became the cause for the destruction of the wonderful forest?
4. How can we replace the loss of forests?
5. What is meant by Shanti Niketan ?who started it?
6. Why is Van Mahotsav organised?
7. What message do we get from the above passage?
8. Give a suitable title for the above passage?
9. Find two or more adjectives from the following passage?
10. what are the meaning of- company ,purpose :
Thank you edu rev for giving students a chance to upload something ..........
☺☺😊😊thank you very much