Current Affairs : Current affairs 14TH TO 20TH JAN 2019 Current Affairs Notes | EduRev
The document Current affairs 14TH TO 20TH JAN 2019 Current Affairs Notes | EduRev is a part of Current Affairs
- Gujarat becomes the first state to implement the 10% reservation for the Economically Weaker Section. - 104th Constitutional Amendment - 10% EWS -- Guj, Jharkhand, and UP, in that order were the first three states to implement it.
- Union Government's 5 yr plan for 2018-2023 to address drug abuse.
- Sanjiv Khanna and Justice Dinesh Maheshwari elevated to the Supreme Court
- National Museum Of Indian Cinema-inaugurated by Prime Minister in Mumbai.
- 2nd Defence Innovation Hub of the country to come up at Nashik.
- The 9th edition of 'VIBRANT GUJARAT', launched in Gandhinagar - VIBRANT GUJARAT, a biennial summit launched in 2003.
- 1st Human Rights TV channel launched in London.
- India-Myanmar conduct IMBEX - army exercise at Chandi Mandir Station at Chandigarh.
- Stefan Loven - re-elected as Sweden's Prime-minister.
- Palestine to become the chairman of 'G77 and China' - Group of 77 and China is a coalition of 134 countries, established in 1964.
finance and biz
- BHEL & LIBCOIN - build India's first Lithium Ion Giga Factory.
- 'Brahm Dutt', elected as YesBank's non-executive chairman.
- UAE and Saudi Arabia to invest in agriculture in India.
- Sudhir Mungantiwar to head a group of ministers(GoM), to look into GST issues of lottery business.
- RBI approves the appointment of V.Vaidya as the CEO of IDFC bank.
- Researchers at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune - Albumin better detector of diabetes. - Albumin sticks to the glucose molecules in blood and helps prevent diabetes in developing stages.
- Dr. Jitendra Singh, Inaugurates UNNATI program of ISRO in Bengaluru.
- Abhinav Shaw - Youngest to bag Gold in shooting - 10-year-old, Abhinav Shaw teamed up Mehuli Ghosh and won the gold medal in 10 m air rifle mixed team event in Khelo India Youth Games on Sunday.
- 8-year-old, Kartik Singh becomes the youngest to win Junior World Title Golf.
- Shakeel Ahmed sts world record in rowing.
- Karnataka's swimmer, Shrihari Natraj bags 7 Gold medals at Khelo India Youth Games.
- Bengaluru raptors win 'premiere badminton league'.
- CP Joshi elected as the speaker of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly.
- Jaideep Govind is the new chief of the National human rights council.
- Yōhei Sasakawa, to get the 2018 Gandhi Peace Prize.
- Detained Chinese lawyer, Yu Wensheng awarded with the Franco-German Human Rights Award.
- First Ever Philip Kotler Prize Awarded to Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Neela Gour gets the Hindu Prize for Fiction.
- Dr.Rattan Lal, University Professor of Soil Science at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A, gets the prestigious Japan Prize.
- Indo-American Gurinder Singh Khalsa gets the Rosa Park's Trailblazer award - for changing guidelines of US Government on wearing Turban.
Please rate the document and if any questions, feel free.