QUESTION 1- What is a 'Prashasti'?
ANSWER 1- 'Prashasti' is a Sanskrit word which literally means "in praise of". Which is usually used to describe the glory of the king and were generally written by the court poets.
QUESTION 2- Discuss how prashastis and biographies help in reconstructing the history.
ANSWER 2- 1. Prashastis and biographies contains information about the rulers and their administrative system as well as the social conditions.
2. It explains the economic and political conditions/situations in a chronologicall way.
3. They act as a link and helps in reconstructing the past.
QUESTION 3- Name the important administrative centers under Guptas.
ANSWER 3- Patliputra, Prayag and Ujain
QUESTION 4- Who was the first ruler to adopt the title of "Maharaj-adhiraj" ?
ANSWER 4- Chandragupta 1
QUESTION 5-Write the ruling time of Chandragupta 1,Samudragupta and Chandragupta 2 ANSWER 5- CHANDRAGUPTA 1- 315 CE- 335 CE
SAMUDRAGUPTA- 335 CE- 375 CE
CHANDRAGUPTA 2- 375 CE- 415 CE
QUESTION 6- Why is Gupta period called as "Golden age" of the Indian history ?
ANSWER 6- Gupta period is known as the "Golden age" of the Indian history as:-
1. During the reign of the gupta period India witnessed prosperity.
2. During the marked period there were extensive inventions and discoveries in science, technology, engineering, literature, mathematics, astronomy, religion and philosphy.
3. Hindu culture was redefined in this period and Mahabharata as well as Ramayana were updated.