Some key points to know more about GATE 2019-
- GATE 2019 is scheduled for February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2019 in multiple sessions.
- As per GATE Eligibility, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree to apply for the exam.
- The questions asked in the exam are based on topics of graduate level. Check GATE 2019 Syllabus
The national level examination is a computer-based test with 65 questions to be solved within 3 hours. Two types of questions are asked in GATE – Objective Type and Numerical Type. Virtual calculators will be provided to solve numerical type questions. Check GATE Exam Pattern in detail.
Highlights of GATE 2019
|Exam Name ||GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) |
|Conducting Body ||IIT Guwahati |
|Official Website ||www.gate.iitg.ac.in |
|Mode of Examination ||Online – Computer Based Test |
|No. of Papers ||23 |
|No. of Questions ||65 |
|Total Marks ||100 |
|Maximum Score ||1000 |
|Duration of GATE 2019 ||3 Hours |
|Mode of Application ||Online |
|No. of Test Takers ||Over 9 lac |
|Use of GATE Score Card for Employment ||PSUs, Central Government and Government of India Organization |
|GATE Helpdesk ||0361-258-6500 |
What is GATE Exam?
- GATE is an online test with multiple choice and numerical type questions conducted for 23 disciplines (papers) of engineering. Mostly questions are fundamental, concept based and thought-provoking.
- Please don’t have a misconception that GATE is only meant for ME/MTech which leads to the teaching career only.
- There are many other advantages of taking GATE such as employment in PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings), direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central Government and some other Government of India Organizations.
- GATE qualifiers can use their GATE Scorecard for admission to Master’s Program and direct Doctoral Programs in Engg./Tech./Architecture.
- The GATE Scorecard is also used to avail financial assistance (scholarship) for the post-graduate program.
- GATE Registration can be made online at GOAPS website. Check our page for GATE 2019 Registration or directly visit www.gate.iitg.ac.in. for more information.
- The exam will also be held for international candidates in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
- GATE Exam consists 65 questions divided into 3 section –