Gem Points For IBPS SO (Specialist Officer) – Part 9
Hello Aspirants,as we all know only few days are left for IBPS SO exam.So, we are starting a new series ” Gem points ” in this regard.learn them by heart.Share and discuss in comment section.We will gear up level day by day starting from very basics.So,Put your Seatbelts on and join us in the journey to be a specialist officer.
Various aspects of Application Layer
1) The entire host name has a maximum of 255 characters.
2) A DNS client is called DNS resolver.
3) Servers handle requests for other domains by contacting remote DNS server.
4) DNS database contains
~name server records
5) If a server has no clue about where to find the address for a hostname then server asks to the root server.
6) Dynamic DNS allows client to update their DNS entry as their IP address change.
7) Wildcard domain names start with label *
8) The right to use a domain name is delegated by domain name registers which are accredited by internet corporation for assigned names and numbers.
9) The domain name system is maintained by distributed database system.
1) Telnet protocol is used to establish a connection to TCP port number 23.
2) telnet defines a network virtual terminal (NVT) standard
client programs interact with NVT.
server translates NVT operations.
3) All telnet operations are sent as 8 bytes.
4) Absolute Telnet is a telnet client for windows.
5) The decimal code of interpret as command (IAC) character is 255.
6) In character mode operation of telnet implementation each character typed is sent by the client to the server.
7) In telnet, the client echoes the character on the screen but does not send it until a whole line is completed in default mode.
8) line mode operating mode of telnet is full duplex.
9) If we want that a character be interpreted by the client instead of server escape character has to be used.
10) The protocol used by Telnet application is Telnet.
11) In “character at a time” mode -Most text typed is immediately sent to the remote host for processing.
12) The correct syntax to be written in the web browser to Telnet to www.affairscloud.com is telnet://www.affairscloud.com. Telnet is a Remote Login.