|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
Gem Points For IBPS SO (Specialist Officer) – Part 7
Hello Aspirants,as we all know only few days are left for IBPS SO exam.So, we are starting a new series ” Gem points ” in this regard.learn them by heart.Share and discuss in comment section.We will gear up level day by day starting from very basics.So,Put your Seatbelts on and join us in the journey to be a specialist officer.
Computer Networks Basics and OSI Model
1) When collection of various computers seems a single coherent system to its client, then it is called distributed system.
2) Two devices are in network if a process in one device is able to exchange information with a process in another device.
3) overlay network is built on the top of another network.
4) In computer network nodes are
~ the computer that originates the data
~ the computer that routes the data
~ the computer that terminates the data.
5) Communication channel is shared by all the machines on the network in broadcast network.
6) Bluetooth is an example of PAN (personal area network) .
7) A router is a device that forwards packets between networks by processing the routing information included in the packet.
8) A list of protocols used by a system, one protocol per layer, is called protocol stack.
9) Network congestion occurs in case of traffic overloading.
10) virtual private network extends a private network across public networks.
11) The IETF standards documents are called RFC (Request For Comments.)
12) In the layer hierarchy as the data packet moves from the upper to the lower layers, headers are Added.Every layer adds its own header to the packet from previous layer.
13) The structure or format of data is called Syntax.Semantics defines how a particular pattern to be interpreted, and what action is to be taken based on that interpretation.
14) Communication between a computer and a keyboard involves Simplex transmission.Data flows in single direction.
15) The first Network is ARPANET.
16) The Medium is the physical path over which a message travels.Message travel from sender to reciever via a medium using a protocol.
17) FCC organization has authority over interstate and international commerce in the communications field.
18) Switch is not a network edge device.Network egde devices refer to host systems, which can host applications like web browser.
19) A set of rules that governs data communication is Protocols.
20) Three or more devices share a link in Multipoint connection.
1) OSI stands for open system interconnection.
2) The OSI model has 7 layers.
3) TCP/IP model does not have session layer,presentation layer but OSI model have these layers.
4) transport layer links the network support layers and user support layers.
5) physical address and logical address,port address,specific addresses are used in an internet employing the TCP/IP protocols.
6) TCP/IP model was developed prior to the OSI model.
7) transport layer is responsible for process to process delivery.
8) port address identifies a process on a host.
9) Application layer provides the services to user.
10) Transmission data rate is decided by physical layer.