Glossary and Important Information
1. Natural Resources : These are the gifts produced by nature such as air, water, soil etc.
2. Ecology : The science which deals with the inter relation between various organisms and physical environment.
3. Endangered species : Plants and animals which are extinct or in the danger of getting extinct.
4. Wild life sanctuary : A reserved area for preserving natural beauty. e.g. Ranthambhor wild life sanctuary.
5. Biosphere : Part of the earth which is covered by living organisms both plants and animals.
6. Soil : The upper layer of the ground containing weathered rock and humus.
7. Coniferous forest : Evergreen trees that bear needle like leaves.
8. Deciduous forest : Type of trees that lose their leaves every year.
9. Flora : Plants of a particular region or period are referred to as flora.
10. Fauna : Species of animals are known as fauna.
11. Forest : Extensive area covered with trees.
12. Vegetation : It refers to a plant community which has grown naturally without human aid and has been left undisturbed by human for a long time
|1. What is natural vegetation?|
|2. How does natural vegetation contribute to the environment?|
|3. What are the threats to natural vegetation and wildlife?|
|4. What is the importance of conserving natural vegetation and wildlife?|
|5. How can individuals contribute to the conservation of natural vegetation and wildlife?|