History is often considered to be one of the most difficult subjects to learn and understand. But, that is not a case at all. Although the subject does not test the understanding skills of students and is basically based on cramming of facts and answers but, that does not mean you cannot understand it. You just need to follow a proper strategy for History class 6. In order to gain expertise in History subject it is necessary to be clear about the facts. Remembering all the facts is undoubtedly a tedious task but preparing separate notes for each chapter can prove fruitful.
Includes 103 docs, 66 videos & 58 tests
To help you, here are a few tips to follow while preparing for Class 6 History:
1. The first and foremost task in the preparation should be to read NCERT Textbooks and refer NCERT Solutions. Go through the history chapters from the NCERT Textbook and make notes and revise these notes the next day. CBSE board strictly follows NCERT book and over the years every single question has been from NCERT book so, you must read it. Solve questions taking help from NCERT Solutions for History class 6. NCERT Solutions will help you improve your writing skills. Learn the answer and try writing it on your own. Good writing skills help you get good marks in lengthy questions.
Chapter 1 - What, Where, How and When?
Chapter 2 - On the Trial of the Earliest People
Chapter 3 - From Gathering to Growing Food
Chapter 4 - In the Earliest Cities
Chapter 5 - What Books and Burials Tell us
Chapter 6 - Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
Chapter 7 - New Questions and Ideas
Chapter 8 - Asoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
Chapter 9 - Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
Chapter 10 - Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
Chapter 11 - New Empires and Kingdoms
Chapter 12 - Buildings, Paintings and Books
2. Always try to understand the events and remember the dates by relating them to present experiences. Instead of mugging up try to understand what happened after what in a battle. As far as lengthy answers are concerned, students should try to learn them in points and also write them as they learn it. This will not only save time but will also help in better retention of facts. An interesting way to remember dates is to make a timeline of events. A timeline is a sequence of related events arranged in the chronological order and displayed along a line.
3. The one thing that is very important is Revision. The notes that you prepared are the best way to revise the complete syllabus. Revision makes sure you have all the events and their dates in your mind for a long time. Revision can help you in filling up the missing dates or facts. So, you must revise before the exam.
4. Finally, practice as much as you can. Attempt Previous Year papers as they help in getting acquainted with the trend of questions asked in the exam. Practicing mock tests, sample papers and previous year question papers also helps in keeping a check on speed and the writing skills. Previous years question papers provide you a variety of important questions picked from different topics. They act as the most important resource to revise the vast syllabus of Class 6 Social Science effectively in less time.
Here is a list of all the important topics from all the Class 6 History Chapters to make it easier for you to determine the amount of time you should be giving to various chapters and topics. Initially, it is advised go through all the topics for history class 6 and then, focus more on the important ones given here. This a smart way of preparation. Build the basics for the subjects and then focus on the important concepts from exam point of view.
1. What Where How and When
2. On the Trail of the Earliest People
3. From Gathering to Growing Food
4. In the Earliest Cities
5. What Books and Burials Tell Us
6. Kingdoms Kings and an Early Republic
7. New Questions and Ideas
8. Ashoka the Emperor Who Gave Up War
Chapter 8 – Ashoka, the emperor who gave up war
Chapter 9 – Vital villages and thriving towns
Chapter 10 – Traders, kings and pilgrims
Chapter 11 – New empires and kingdoms
Chapter 12 – Buildings, paintings and books
How to prepare for SST Geography for Class 6?
How to prepare for SST Civics for Class 6?
How to prepare for English for Class 6?
How to prepare for Science for Class 6?
How to prepare for Math for Class 6?
How to prepare for Hindi for Class 6?
Includes 90 docs, 90 videos & 32 tests
Includes 68 docs, 222 videos & 26 tests
Includes 46 docs & 30 videos
Includes 48 docs
Includes 20 docs & 53 videos