|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
One thing to be kept in mind all along the way for Maths preparation is that practice is the key here. The more you practice for every topic, the better understanding is achieved.
The main topics in Class 9 Maths are basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry and mensuration, probability, etc. These topics should be practiced as much as possible. The key to solve problems is to by-heart the formulas, understand the theorems, and practice as many times as possible. Maths can become your favorite subject with practice and dedication.
Includes 151 docs, 145 videos & 84 tests
1. Study from the Mathematics NCERT Textbook and practice all the solved examples and exercise questions thoroughly before moving forward to extra practice from additional books. Refer to NCERT Solutions in case of any doubt.
Chapter 1 - Number System
Chapter 2 - Polynomials
Chapter 3 - Coordinate Geometry
Chapter 4 - Linear Equations in Two Variables
Chapter 5 - Introduction to Euclids Geometry
Chapter 6 - Lines & Angles
Chapter 7 - Triangles
Chapter 8 - Quadrilaterals
Chapter 9 - Area of Parallelogram & Triangles
Chapter 10 - Circles
Chapter 11 - Constructions
Chapter 12 - Herons Formula
Chapter 13 - Surface Area & Volumes
Chapter 14 - Statistics
Chapter 15 - Probability
2. Practice, above all. The range of questions in class 9 is limited. With substantial practice, most question types will be internalized, and you won’t have to think for most questions.
3. Develop a good understanding of topics. It will help you with those challenging questions or derive formulae in the rare chance you forget. This can be done by watching videos for various topics that will help you develop an interest in the topic.
4. Understand all the concepts in as much depth as you can. And then solve different varieties of questions and problems. Attempt various topic-wise and chapter-wise tests. Also, practice mre with sample papers and previous year papers. Use your knowledge to solve some real life questions as well.
5. Give more importance to the topics which have high weightage. Solve the previous year exam papers which will increase your confidence and give you a pre-exam feel. It also helps to brush up all your concepts before the exam.
6. Don’t just read or mug up the topics but practice them. This is the most important thing which you need to keep in mind as reading maths does not help you. Instead, make a routine and give some time for practice.
Chapter 1 : Number Systems
For most students, this is the easiest chapter of all and it carries a weightage of 15 marks.
Frequently Asked Topics: Non-termination numbers, rationalisation, laws of exponents
Chapter 2: Polynomials
The highest scoring chapter is Polynomials. If you want to clear your exam with flying results, you need to prepare this chapter well. Practice as many questions as you can, calculation mistakes are a major factor in this chapter.
Frequently Asked Topics: Remainder theorem (One question is sure from this topic), zeros of a polynomials, algebraic identities (most important).
Chapter 3: Coordinate Geometry
This topic is a favourite with students. Most of the students find this chapter interesting and unchallenging.
Chapter 4 – Linear Equation in Two Variables
Chapter 5: Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry
This is a very short chapter and needs very less time to learn. Go through all of the Euclid’s Axioms and postulates, you will be able to attempt the questions from this chapter.
Chapter 6-7: Geometry (Lines and Angles and Triangles)
Most of the students find geometry a little difficult, but they need to have patience and study the topic with full concentration. Geometry has a weightage of about 30% of the total marks. Students should give extra attention to this topic.
Do prove all theorems with proper statements and concepts. Draw the diagrams while attempting the question. Practice as many questions as you can for this topic.
Chapter 8 – Quadrilaterals
Chapter 9 – Areas of Parallelograms and Triangles
Chapter 10 – Circles
Chapter 11 – Construction
Chapter 12: Heron’s Formula
This is a formula based chapter, take less effort and time, if practiced well. Most probably, about two questions will be asked from this topic. Practice a variety of questions from this topic to gain speed.
Chapter 13 – Surface Areas and Volumes
Chapter 14 – Statistics
Chapter 15 – Probability
How to prepare for Science for Class 9?
How to prepare for Hindi for Class 9?
How to prepare for Social Science (History) for Class 9?
How to prepare for Social Science (Economics) for Class 9?
How to prepare for English for Class 9?
How to prepare for Social Science (Geography) for Class 9?
Science Class 9 - Videos, Docs, MCQs
Includes 169 docs, 131 videos & 103 tests
Mathematics Class 9 - Docs, Videos, Tests
Includes 151 docs, 145 videos & 84 tests
Social Science (SST) Class 9 (Videos | Docs | MCQs)
Includes 221 docs,121 videos & 48 tests
English for Class 9 (Videos | Docs)
Includes 349 docs & 104 videos
Hindi for Class 9
Includes 160 docs & 28 videos