History is often considered to be one of the most difficult subjects to learn and understand. But, that is not a case at all. Although the subject does not test the understanding skills of students and is basically based on cramming of facts and answers but, that does not mean you cannot understand it. You just need to follow a proper strategy for History class 10. In order to gain expertise in History subject it is necessary to be clear about the facts. Remembering all the facts is undoubtedly a tedious task but preparing separate notes for each chapter can prove fruitful.
Includes 240 docs, 119 videos & 56 tests
To help you, here are a few tips to follow while preparing for Class 10 History:
1. The first and foremost task in the preparation should be to read NCERT Textbooks and refer NCERT Solutions. Go through the history chapters from the NCERT Textbook and make notes and revise these notes the next day. CBSE board strictly follows NCERT book and over the years every single question has been from NCERT book so, you must read it. Solve questions taking help from NCERT Solutions for History class 10. NCERT Solutions will help you improve your writing skills. Learn the answer and try writing it on your own. Good writing skills help you get good marks in lengthy questions.
Chapter 1 - The Rise of Nationalism in Europe
Chapter 2 - The Nationalist Movement in Indo - China
Chapter 3 - Nationalism in India
Chapter 4 - The making of Global World
Chapter 5 - The Age of Industrialisation
Chapter 6 - Work, Life and Leisure
Chapter 7 - Print Culture and the Modern World
Chapter 8 - Novels, Society and History
2. Always try to understand the events and remember the dates by relating them to present experiences. Instead of mugging up try to understand what happened after what in a battle. As far as lengthy answers are concerned, students should try to learn them in points and also write them as they learn it. This will not only save time but will also help in better retention of facts. An interesting way to remember dates is to make a timeline of events. A timeline is a sequence of related events arranged in the chronological order and displayed along a line.
3. The one thing that is very important is Revision. The notes that you prepared are the best way to revise the complete syllabus. Revision makes sure you have all the events and their dates in your mind for a long time. Revision can help you in filling up the missing dates or facts. So, you must revise before the exam.
4. Finally, practice as much as you can. Attempt Previous Year papers as they help in getting acquainted with the trend of questions asked in the exam. Practicing mock tests, sample papers and previous year question papers also helps in keeping a check on speed and the writing skills. Previous years question papers provide you a variety of important questions picked from different topics. They act as the most important resource to revise the vast syllabus of Class 10 Social Science effectively in less time.
For subject like History, revision is a very essential part of the preparation process as only after you revise, you'll be able to retain all the events and their dated in your mind till the exam day. But, it is not recommended to go through your textbooks once again before the exam as you need to save as much time as possible for revising all the subjects. Key concepts of every chapter of class 10 History are very helpful here. These key concepts will help you learn all the major points and events before the exam so that they remain in your mind during the exam. The key concepts for class 10 History contain all the important points in a well structured format and dates in a proper chronological order for making the process easier for the students.
Here is a list of all the important topics from all the Class 10 History Chapters to make it easier for you to determine the amount of time you should be giving to various chapters and topics. Initially, it is advised go through all the topics for history class 9 and then, focus more on the important ones given here. This a smart way of preparation. Build the basics for the subjects and then focus on the important concepts from exam point of view.
1. The Rise of Nationalism in Europe
The Napoleonic Code of 1804
Reasons leading to rise of nationalism in Europe
Unification process of Italy and Germany
The case of Great Britain
The politics in the Balkan region
2. The Nationalist Movement in Indo-China
French reasons for the development of colonies
The dilemma of colonial education
Religion and anti-colonialism
The Communist Movement and the Vietnamese nationalism
The Geneva Peace Conference and its results
3. Nationalism in India
The Rowlatt Act and the Non-Cooperation Movement
The salt march, Civil Disobedience Movement and the participation of various communities in it
The sense of collective belonging
4.The Making of a Global World
Corn laws and the role of technology in shaping the modern world
Mass production in the US in the 1920s
The Great Depression of 1929 and its impact on India
The Bretton Woods Institutions
5.The Age of Industrialisation
Hand vs. machines
Reasons for the growth of Indian industries during the First World War
Advertisements and markets for goods in India
6. Work, Life and Leisure
Characteristics of a city
Marginal groups in London
Housing in the city of London
Housing and ‘chawls’ in Bombay
Bombay as the city of dreams
7. Print, Culture and the Modern World
Limitations of manuscripts
The Print Revolution and its impact
Print culture and the French Revolution
Women,. poor people and the print
Print and censorship
8. Novels, Society and History
The rise of novel reading in Europe
Women and the Industrial Revolution in novels
Study of the novel ‘Indulekha’
Women, history of nation and novels
Novels in Bengal
Contribution of Premchand and Hindi novel writing
Link to How to prepare for SST Geography for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for English for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for SST Economics for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for Science for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for Hindi for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for SST Civics for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for Mathematics for Class 10?
Includes 20 docs & 6 tests
Includes 185 docs,174 videos & 106 tests
Includes 277 docs, 28 videos & 5 tests
Includes 118 docs, 156 videos & 78 tests
Includes 190 docs & 40 videos
Includes 39 tests
Includes 31 docs & 84 videos
Includes 125 docs
Includes 60 docs
Includes 60 docs
Includes 38 docs