Class 7 : Important Terms - Heat Class 7 Notes | EduRev
The document Important Terms - Heat Class 7 Notes | EduRev is a part of Class 7
All you need of Class 7 at this link: Class 7
- Temperature: The reliable measure of hotness or coldness of anything.
- Thermometer: A device to measure the temperature.
- Degree Celsius: Unit of measurement of temperature.
- Clinical Thermometer: A device to measure the temperature of human body.
- Laboratory Thermometer: Used to measure the temperature in laboratory.
- Maximum-Minimum Thermometer: Use to measure the temperature of climate.
- Conduction: Mode of transfer of heat in solids.
- Convection: Mode of transfer of heat in liquids and air.
- Radiation: Mode of transfer of heat without medium.
- Conductor: Materials that allow the flow of heat through them.
- Insulator: Materials that do not allow the flow of heat through them.
- Land breeze: Breeze that flows from land surface to sea surface in summer nights.
- Sea breeze: Breeze that flows from sea surface to water surface in summer days.