1. Which consumer right gives the business firms freedom to set up their own consumer service and grievance cells?
2. A shopkeeper sold you some spices, claiming that they were pure. Later a laboratory test formed that those were adulterated what precautions should you have taken before buying and what remedies are available to you for the wrong act?
3. “Bhuvan, who was a vegetarian went to a snack bar for having French fries and later found out that it had non vegetarian content. Neither the advertisement nor the packing of the product displaced that the product has non vegetarian content. Will Bhuvan be able to claim compensation which right of the consumer is violated”?
4. Sandeep purchased a diesel car for Rs. 7 lacs from an automobile company and found its engine defective. Despite many complaints the defect was not rectified .Suggest to him the appropriate authority where he could file a complaint under consumer protection Act.
5. Prakhar purchased an ISI Mark electric iron from Bharat Electricals. Since it was not working properly , so he approached seller. Seller satisfies Prakhar by saying that he will ask manufacture to replace iron. Manufacturer refuse to replace and Bharat Electricals decided to file complaint in consumer court. Can Bharat Electricals do this? Why or why not?
6. Rajiv, a consumer purchased medicines without noticing the date of expiry. He also did not obtain the cash memo. Do you think he will be able to protect himself by the loss caused due to expired medicine? Give reasons to support your answer.
7. Indentify following marks and tell where they are used
Value based questions
1. What are the values behind promoting Consumer Protection?
2. A packet of biscuit does not bear a green or red dot indicative of vegetarian or non vegetarian food item. What values are ignored?
1. State whether following are treated consumer under consumer protection act
( a) Nikita purchased washing machine for her house
(b) Rakesh purchased DVD Player for resale
(c) Utkarsh uses new mobile phone connection
2. Government is actively advertising for “ Jago Grahak Jago”.Which consumer right is highlighted in the above statement
3. Identify the relevant rights of a consumer being violated in the following instances.
(a)A bottle of acid sold but the cap was not properly sealed.
(b)Medicine sold without date of manufacturing and date of expiring printed on its
(c) Madan bought a cooler with 2 years warranty.The cooler started giving problem within 6 months. Madan approached the seller.The seller did not listen to his grievances.
(d)The seller compels the consumer to purchase the available product.
(e)The common consumers are not aware of their rights, right path and procedure for filing the complaints
4. Write Yes or No in the following cases.
a.Indian Airlines delayed the flight to Guwahati from New Delhi by 8 hrs. Can the passenger file a case in the consumer court?____________
b.A lawyer accepted the fee but did not appear in the court for the client. Can the client approach the consumer court for remedy?____________
c. In the nearby area a milkman adulterates the milk with water and sells in the locality. Can all the consumers from a group and file a case.____________
d. Mohan bought a product without a cash memo. Can he file a case in consumecourt, if exploited?
5.The earlier approach of CAVEAT EMPTOR, which means “Let the buyer beware”, has
now been changed to CAVEAT VENDITOR(“Let the seller beware”).Why such a radical change has taken place?
6. Consumer Protection has a wide agenda. How ?