- Why is it important to understand the environment in shaping the future of business?
- What are the benefits of understanding the business environment?
- Shifts in the presence of women in the workforce come under which environment? Explain that environment.
- "Business environment is is easy to understand in parts separately but it is difficult to understand in totality.” Identify feature of Business environment from this statement and explain other features.
- Identify dimension of business environment related to following situations:
i) It is common now to see CD-ROM’s, computerized information kiosks, and Internet/ World Wide Web multimedia pages highlighting the virtues of products.
ii) Demand to reserve jobs for minorities and women
iii) Advertisements, including packets of cigarettes carry the statutory warning ‘Cigarette smoking is injurious to health’.
iv) Money supply in the economy
v) The health-and-fitness trend has harmed business in other industries like dairy processing, tobacco and liquor
vi) High inflation rates generally result in constraints on business enterprises as they increase the various costs of business such as the purchase of raw materials or machinery and payment of wages and salaries
vii) The government in Hyderabad is taking keen interest in boosting IT industry as a result the state is most commonly known as Cyberabad instead of Hyderabad
6. Out of liberalization
, privatization & globalization, which one is associated with .
(a) NDPL & BSES instead of Delhi Vidyut Board
(b) Easy movement of information and technology with rest of world
(c ) No restriction on expansion and contraction of business activities
(d) Free flow of goods and services across nations
7.Explain briefly five ways in which Indian managers are responding to changes in the business environment
Value based questions
1 1.Gamma Ltd is a chemical producing company. It has not set up its waste disposal unit. All the chemical waste is thrown in river. What kind of organisational values are ignored by the company?
2 2. Manager of firm always take in account the business environment while determining the plans of business. What values are reflected in the manager’s behaviour?
3 3. A leading book publishing company identified the importance of ‘value based questions’ in CBSE and published book based on these types of questions. Book became popular .Seeing the demand ,few book sellers started charging high price. Identify the point of significance highlighted here. What value is shown by book publishing company and what value is ignored by book sellers