1. Amit and Mikki are two employees of two different departments. One day during lunch time, Mikki informed Amit that many employees will be retrenched because of computerisation. Name the type of communication. State its two limitations.
2. “The post of supervisors should be abolished in the hierarchy of managers.” Comment.
3. You are the Personnel Manager in a company. Your supervisor tells you that the workers are efficient and hence there is no need to supervise them. Would you! agree with him? Give reasons in support of your answer.
4. Name the type of formal communication in which two Departmental Heads communicate with each other. Give any two reasons why this type of communication is required.
5. “Directing is the least important functions of management”. Do you agree with this statement? Give any two reasons in support of your Answer.
6. Explain any four factors which are likely to disrupt effective communication.
7. “Directing helps to initiate action by people in the organisation.” Comment.
8. “Directing is the heart of the management process.” Do you agree? Give any three reasons in support of your answer.
9. The workers of an organisation complain that their superior Mr. Bhupender does not listen to their suggestions and takes all the decisions without consulting them. Name the leadership style adopted by him and explain its disadvantages.
10. Maslow defines one of the needs in the need hierarchy as the “desire to become everything one is capable of becoming.” Identify and explain the need.
11. In an organisation all the employees take things easy and are free to approach anyone for minor queries and problems. This has resulted in everyone talking to each other and inefficiency in the office. It has also resulted in loss of secrecy and all confidential information being leaked out. What system do you think the manager should adopt to improve communication?
12. There are some barriers in communications, which are concerned with encoding and decoding of message. State any three such barriers
13. There are some barriers in communications which are concerned with organizational structure and regulations. State any three barriers.
14. There are some barriers in communication which are concerned with the state of mind of both the sender and the receiver. State any three such barriers.
15. Name the grapevine network in which an individual communicate with only those people whom he trusts?
16. The employees of TCS Ltd. have formed a dramatic group for their recreation. Name the type of an organization. Explain any three limitations of it
17. It is defined as the process of influencing other people to work willingly for group objectives. Mention this element of directing.
18. Name the grapevine network in which an individual communicate with only those people whom he trusts?
19. It take place throughout the life of the organization irrespective of people occupying managerial positions. Mention the characteristic of directing highlighted here and also explains two more characteristics.
Value based Questions:
Mr .Manoj is working as a manager in JMD Ltd. He always uses harsh tone while communicating with subordinates. What values are ignored by Mr. Manoj
Indirect questions with answers
1.Ms. Hayden is a very experienced and highly qualified manager. All her subordinates respect he because she does not force her opinions on others and listens to their suggestions as well as problems before taking decisions. What values do think she has? (1 Mark)
[Hint: Humanity, respect and concern for others]
2.Mr. Ramesh , Manager (Operations) sets the targets for all his subordinates withoutdiscussing it with them. He firmly tells them that if the task is not completed than stricaction will be taken against them. Which form of leadership is he following? Explain thsituation where this form of leadership is useful. (3 marks)
[Hint: Autocratic Leadership Style]
3.Mr. Sharan, Manager(HR) is really appreciative of fresh ideas given by hissubordinates. He frames policies only after consulting them. Which style of leadership ihe following? Can this style be followed at all times? Explain. (4 Marks)
[Hint: Democratic Leadership Style]
4.Mr. R. Ranjan, Manager(Operations) does not define clear goals to his subordinates and is not regularly abreast with their work as all the employees are skilled and experienced in their job. Which is the style of leadership being followed by him? Is he right in doing so? Justify.(4 marks)