1. Which of the following can best define Nazism?
(a) Hitler's determination to make Germany a great nation
(b) Extermination of Jews
(c) A system, a structure of ideas about the world and politics
(d) Hitler's ambition of conquering the world
2. Allied Powers in World War II
(a) Germany, Italy, Japan
(b) Germany, Italy, Turkey
(c) UK, France, Italy
(d) UK, France, USSR, USA
3. Which nations were the Axis powers during World War II?
(a) UK, France, USA, USSR
(b) UK, France, Japan
(c) Germany, Italy, Japan
(d) Germany, France, UK
4. The International War Tribunal was set up in
5. World War II began with German invasion of
6. Which among the following was the single most important factor in the victory of Allied powers in World War II?
(a) Alliance of England, France and Russia
(b) US entry in 1917
(c) Russian Revolution of 1917
(d) Axis Powers
7. Who among the given were called "November Criminals"?
(d) Socialists, Catholics and Democrats
8. Who were the 'desirables'?
(a) Nordic German Aryans
(c) Indo Aryans
9. Who among the following topped the list of undesirables'?
(d) Nordic Aryans
10. Which of the given parties came to be known as Nazi Party?
(a) German Workers Party
(b) Socialist Democratic Party
(c) National Socialist German Workers Party
(d) Socialist Party
11. German defeat in World War I
(a) led to the establishment of the Weimer Republic
(b) adoption of declaration of rights of man and citizens
(c) establishment of Nazi rule
(d) restoration of monarchy
12. What was not a factor in the rise of Hitler?
(a) Disgrace at Versailles
(b) Nazi propoganda and Hitler's charismatic leadership
(c) Years of Depression and Economic crisis
(d) Weimer Republic
13. Which of the following was the treaty signed by Germany after its defeat in World War I?
(a) Treaty of Paris
(b) Treaty of Versailles
(c) Brest Litovsk
(d) Dawes Plan
14. Which of the following was the immediate factor for the Great Depression (1929-1932)?
(a) Collapse of Wall Street Exchange
(b) Financial Impact of World War I
(c) Fall in US exports
(d) Collapse of banks
15. Which of the following was not a feature of the new Nazi style of politics?
(a) Massive rallies
(b) Ritualised applause
(c) Red banners with Swastika
(d) Not so powerful speeches of Hitler
16. Hitler's ideas of racialism were based on which of the following thinkers
(c) Charles Darwin
17. Which was not a feature of Jew stereotypes?
(a) Weak and degenerate
(b) Vermin and rats
(c) Foreign agents
(d) Generous and charitable
18. Which of the following was not a part of Hitler's policies to exclude Jews?
19. What was Jungvolk?
(?) Nazi youth group for children below 14 years
(b) Nazi youth group for children above 14 years
(c) It was the other name for Youth League
(d) It referred to the undesirable German children
20. Which of the following was the most feared security force of the Nazi State?
(a) Storm Troopers (SA)
(b) Protection Squads (SS)
(d) Security Service
21. Hitler's world view was based on the concept of
(a) Charles Darwin
(b) Herbert Spence
(d) One nation, one empire and one leader
22. Which of the following was not true of Nazi State and women?
(a) Equal rights for men and women
(b) Women were socially different from men
(c) All mothers were not treated equally
(d) They had to bearers of Aryan culture and race
23. Which of the following is not true of ordinary people in Nazi Germany?
(?) Majority of Germans were passive onlookers
(b) They were scared to act, to differ, to protest
(c) Majority genuinely believed Nazism would bring prosperity and well-being
(d) Every German was a Nazi
1. (c) 2. (d) 3. (c) 4. (c) 5. (a)
6. (b) 7. (d) 8. (a) 9. (b) 10. (c)
11. (a) 12. (d) 13. (b) 14. (a) 15. (d)
16. (c) 17. (d) 18. (c) 19. (a) 20. (c)
21. (c) 22. (a) 23. (d).