|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
NCERT Solution, Boxes And Sketches, class 5, Mathematics
1. She made four more shapes. Each is to be folded along the dotted lines. You have to find out which of these can be made into a box.
(a) (b) (c) (d)
Cut outs (a) and (c) can be folded along the dotted lines to make a box.
2. Look at this floor map of a house. Make doors and windows on the deep drawing of this house.
Doors and windows are shown on the deep drawing as under:
Yes, there are two windows which couldn’t be shown on the drawing. These are shown as encircle on the floor map.
3. Try to make a floor map of your own house.
Ans. A floor map of my house is as under:
4. Soumitro and his friends made deep drawings of a cube. These are their drawings.
(a)Which of these drawing look corrrect to you?
(a) The drawing numbered (d) and (e) look correct.
(b) Can you add some lines to make drawing (f) into a deep drawing of the cube?
(b) Yes, I can add some lines to make drawing (f) into a deep drawing of the cube as shown.
5. This cut-out is folded to make a cube.
Which of these are the correct deep drawings of that cube?
(a), and (e) are the correct deep drawings of the cube made out of the given cut-out.
6. Make drawings to show how this bridge will look
(a) From the top
(b) From the front
(c) From the side
7. How many cubes are needed to make this interesting model?
(a) Here are some drawings for the model. Mark the correct top view drawing with ‘T’ and the correct side view drawing with ‘S’.
Number of cubes needed to make the given model.
= (5 x 5 x5) -7 x1-5x2-3x3-1x4
= 125-30 = 95
(d) -T (b) -S.