Ques 1: If you were the Relief Commissioner of the State of Assam, which is affected by floods every year list out five departments that you need to contact.
Ans: The Relief commissioner of a state prone to floods should contact the following departments in case of a flood situation:
1. Irrigation and Flood Control Department
2. Food and Civil Supplies Department
3. Police Department
4. Health Department
5. Department of Water and Sanitation
Ques 2: List out four members of the Disaster Management Committee at the district level.
Ans: The members of the Disaster Management Committee at the district level include District Magistrate and officials from the health department, Irrigation Department, Veterinary Department, Department of Water and Sanitation, Police, Fire Services, representatives from National and International NGOs, etc.
Ques 3: Write the main aims of the National Cadet Corp.
Ans: The main aims of National Cadet Corps are:
1. Developing qualities of character and the ideals of selfless service among the young to make them useful citizens.
2. Organising training and activating the youth of the nation
3. Providing leadership in all walks of life, including armed forces and making themselves available for the service of the nation
Ques 4: List the organisations, which help the state govt. functionaries in responding to disasters.
Ans: The organisations, which help the state government functionaries in responding to disasters, include Para-military forces, Civil Defence and Home Guards, fire services, National Cadet Corps (NCC), Youth Organisations, UN agencies, international and national voluntary groups, public and private sector enterprises, media, etc.
Ques 5: Explain the role of Central Govt. in responding to disasters.
Ans: The response from the Central Government is based on the following factors:
1. The severity of the disaster
2. The scale of the relief operations
3. The requirements of the central assistance for augmenting financial resources and logistics support at the disposal of the State Government.