NCERT Solution - Poem 6 : CLASS DISCUSSION, Class 5, English
1. What activity was going on in the class?
Ans. Discussion was going on in the class.
2. Who was the quiet one in the class?
Ans. Jane was the quiet one in the class.
3. Why was she quiet?
(i) She was afraid to air her opinions.
(ii) She hated the noise.
(iii) She didn’t like the activity.
(iv) She was quiet by nature.
Ans. She was quiet by nature.
4. How do you interact in class during discussions? Do you participate or remain quiet?
Ans. I speak less but listen to others more.
5. Choose two friends in your class who are very different from each other. Use the clues in the box to describe their nature. You may also add your own words to describe them.
Naughty, lively, sharing, careless, studious, quiet, friendly, helpful, regular, cheerful
Ans. Munny and Sonu are my classmates. They both are different by nature. Sonu is lively and naughty. He is helpful and very friendly. Munny is a quiet boy. He is very studious. He is very regular in his studies. But Sonu is not as Cheerful as Munny. Everybody likes Sonu.
6. Find one story of bravery about a child. You can search for the story by talking to older people or watching a TV programme or from a film. Write down the story. Also mention its source. Narrate the story to the class. Which story did you like the best? Write down your reasons.
Ans. I have read the following story of a brave boy. Karim was a shepherd boy. He used to graze his sheep and goats outside his village near the railway track. One day he found a few persons damaging the railway track. He hide himself and watched them. When those men had gone, he came to the track. A train expected to come in about half an hour. He knew that there would be a serious accident. He wanted to hit upon their plan. He went about half a kilometer up the track. He stood at the edge of the track. When the train become visible he began to wave his Red bag. The driver applies brakes. The train stopped. He saved the train and its passengers. He also told police about the men who had damaged the track. They were terrorists. They were arrest. Karim was rewarded. He was given free school education. I like the story because Karim saved hundreds of lives by his presence of mind.
7. Read Sheela’s notice. Discuss the questions that follows:
(a) Who was to meet?
Ans. The Drama Committee was to meet.
(b) When were they to meet?
Ans. They were to meet on Monday at 2’o clock.
(c) Where were they to meet?
Ans. They were meet in the classroom.
(d) What were they to do?
Ans. They were to plan a play for their Annual Day.