What is NDA Exam 2019 ?
NDA Exam 2019 is an examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice a year (once in April and once in September) for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and Indian Naval AcademyCourse (INAC). The approx number of candidates selected through each exam for National Defence Academy is about 339 (208 for Army, 39 for Navy and 92 for Air Force) and for 10 2 Cadet Entry Scheme Naval Academy the numbers advertised was 44. All Candidates who wish to apply may fill up the NDA online application form with complete information as required. Candidates who have Physics, Chemistry and Maths can choose in all three Services – The Airforce, Navy and the Army.If you want to Just apply for Indian army, you just need to be a 12th Class pass in any stream of the 10 2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
NDA (I) 2019 Application form is starting from 9th January 2019. The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will conduct the NDA 2019 examination. It is a national level entrance test. The UPSC NDA exam is conducted to recruit candidates in the Army, Navy and Air Force. This exam is conducted two times in a year, i.e. NDA I and NDA II. It is a two tier examination, after qualifying the written test candidates will also have to clear the SSB interview round.
NDA 2019 Exam Date
The official UPSC NDA 2019 dates been announced now. Here students can check the official dates of NDA exam:
|Events||NDA I||NDA II|
|Release of notification||9th January 2019||7th August 2019|
|Application form available||9th January 2019||7th August 2019|
|End date to submit the application||4th February 2019||3rd September 2019|
|Admit card release||1 or 2 weeks before the exam||1 or 2 weeks before the exam|
|Exam date||21st April 2019||17th November 2019|
|Declaration of result||May 2019||November 2019|
NDA Application Form 2019
Before filling the application, candidates must check the guidelines to fill the application form. Here we have mentioned some major details about the NDA registration 2019:
- UPSC will provide the NDA 2019 application form through online mode.
- Application form will be released from 9th January (for NDA I) and 7th August (for NDA II).
- The registration form comprises of two parts, i.e. Part I and Part II.
- Candidates will have to provide their general details in the Part I.
- In Part II, candidates have to select their exam, pay the application fee and upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- The images should be in JPG format with photograph (3KB – 40KB) and signature (1KB – 40KB) size.
- No correction facility provided after the final submission of UPSC NDA application form.
- No need to send the printout of the application form to the UPSC.
- Candidates will have to pay the application fee through debit/credit card and SBI net banking.
- Fee payment can also be done through challan of SBI bank.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/-.
- SC/ST candidates, Sons of JCOs, NCOs & Ors are exempted from the payment of application fee.
NDA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking for applying in the NDA exam should check the eligibility criteriacarefully. Below we are providing the eligibility criteria for UPSC NDA exam:
- A candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Tibetan refugee who come over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For NDA I, candidates must have born between 2nd July 2000 to 1st July 2003.
- For NDA II, candidates should have born between 2nd January 2001 to 1st July 2004.
Gender & Marital Status:
- Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA.
- Candidates must undertake not to marry until they finish their complete training.
- For Army Wing of NDA: Candidates should have qualified 10 2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- For Air Force & Naval of NDA and 10 2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Candidates must have passed 10 2 or equivalent exam with physics and mathematics subjects.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates have to be physically fit as per the physical standards notified by the officials.
- Candidate who has resigned/withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces will not be eligible to apply.
NDA Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates who will appear in the NDA examination should check the exam pattern for better preparations. The detailed NDA 2019exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type questions asked in the examination.
- Pattern: The question paper will be asked in the OMR pattern.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in pen and paper based mode.
- Answering Mode: Candidates will use black ball pen to mark their answers. Do not use Ink pen or pencil.
- Duration: Two and half hours will be given for each code, i.e. Code 1 (mathematics) and Code 2 (general ability test).
- Language: The medium of the exam will be set bilingually in English as well as Hindi.
- Negative Marking: 0.33 % marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Mathematics||300||2 ½ hours|
|GAT (Section 1- English)||200||2 ½ hours|
|GAT (Section 2- General Knowledge)||400|
NDA Syllabus 2019
The NDA syllabus will comprise of mathematics, English and general knowledgesections. Candidates can follow the NDA 2019 syllabus given below:
Concept of set, operations on sets, venn diagrams, types of matrices, operations on matrices, determinant of a matrix, trigonometrical ratios, trigonometric identities sum and difference formulae, distance formula. equation of a line in various forms, angle between two lines, distance of a point from a line, equation of a circle in standard and in general form, composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions, notion of limit, standard limits, etc.
GAT (General Aptitude Test):
English: Vocabulary, grammar and usage, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English. It tests the candidate’s understanding of English and use of words.
General Knowledge: This section contains topics from the physics, chemistry, general science, geography, current events, history, freedom movement, etc.
How to Prepare for NDA
Better preparation plays a vital role to score well in the examination. Candidates can check below some good NDA preparation tips 2019: