NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Before applying for the entrance exam, candidates must fulfill the necessary qualifications as per the NEET 2024 eligibility criteria.
It is advisable for aspirants to carefully review these criteria prior to the commencement of NEET 2024 registrations in order to assess their eligibility. Below are the details outlining the eligibility criteria for NEET 2024.
NEET Eligibility Criteria By NTA
If you are taking the National Testing Agency's (NTA) NEET 2024 exam, you must be aware of the eligibility criteria before registering. The exact eligibility criteria for the 2024 session will be outlined in the information brochure, available on the neet.nta.nic.in website. If any of these requirements are not met, the applicant will not be permitted to take the test.
NEET Eligibility 2024: What is the Upper Age limit?
The National Medical Commission (NMC) has announced that the upper age limit for NEET eligibility has been lifted, permitting individuals above the age of 17 to apply for the examination. Prior to this, the upper age limit for the general category was 25, and 30 for the reserved category.
NEET Eligibility 2024: What is the Minimum Age Limit?
Candidate must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the same year of candidate’s admission to the first year UG (Undergraduate) Medical course.
Category-wise Age Criteria for NEET 2024
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024 for BSc Nursing Admission
Aspirants can check the latest eligibility criteria for students who want to take nursing admission through NEET scores.
- Minimum age: Students should be 17 years as of December 31, 2024
- Qualifying examination: Candidates should have passed Class 12 with physics, chemistry, biology, and English as compulsory subjects
- Minimum aggregate marks: General category aspirants must have passed the qualifying examination with 45% marks, while for SC/ST/OBC the minimum marks should be 40%
- Reservation policy: 3% of the reservation will be provided to the Person with Disability (PwD) candidates.
Qualifying Marks for NEET 2024
- In order to be eligible for NEET 2024, candidates must have successfully passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with minimum qualifications in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English.
- Candidates belonging to the Unreserved category must have scored a minimum required percentage of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology in Class 12 or HSC examination.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes (OBC) must have achieved a minimum of 40% in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology in their Class 12 examinations to be eligible.
- Candidates with locomotor disability in the lower limbs must have obtained at least 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology for General-PH, and 40% for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH to be eligible to pursue medical studies.
Table: Refer to this table for the percentage required in class 12 for NEET UG Eligibility
How many Attempts allowed in NEET UG?
In 2018, eligibility requirements for NEET
Exam were revised and the limit on the number of attempts for the exam was eliminated. As such, there is no limitation on the number of times an applicant may take the NEET 2024 exam as long as they meet the other eligibility conditions.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for All India Quota & State Quota
1. 15% All India Quota seats/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC and AFMC Colleges
Candidates should note that around 85% of MBBS/BDS seats will be reserved for NEET states quota counselling. The rest 15% of the seats will be allotted at the central level for All India Counselling. Hence, candidates have to fulfil the below-mentioned criteria:
- Applicants should be a resident of the respective state.
- Applicants should have proper proof of their residency.
- Applicants should have completed (or pursuing) their schooling (Class 12th) from the respective state.
2. 85% State Quota seats
- Applicants have to be a citizen of India.
- Age criteria, as aforementioned should be fulfilled.
- From the academic year 2022-23, the students from UT of Ladakh shall be eligible for admission under 15% of All India Quota seats.
NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria for NRI/Foreign students
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and foreign students who have finished their schooling from abroad must meet the prerequisites for NEET.
- Their last examination should be equivalent to a Class 12 certificate in their home country and should include four subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English, with both theory and practical tests passed in each.
NEET 2024 Eligibility – Qualifying Codes
NEET 2024 aspirants need to pick the NEET qualification codes for the qualifying examination when filling out the application form. Details about the NEET 2024 qualification codes is provided below:
- Code 01: All those students who will take their Class 12 board exam in 2024 and are awaiting their board results must select this code. However, until the time of admission, such applicants must have completed their class 12 as indicated by the criteria, otherwise, they will be disqualified.
- Code 02: applicants must choose this code if they are studying higher/senior secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Test (ISCE), which is comparable to the Class 12 exam and comes almost after a period of 12 years of proper study.
According to the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), the last two years of this study must include science courses such as physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology, and mathematics, as well as any other elective disciplines with English as a core subject. applicants who completed Class 12 in the year 2024 or earlier and have not followed any other study after Class 12 must select this code.
- Code 03: This code is for applicants who have successfully finished their Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science at an Indian University/Board or other recognised authority, including Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as obligatory subjects. A practical exam in science disciplines should be included in the course. applicants who have completed a state board's class 12 or equivalent qualifying examination must additionally choose this code.
- Code 04: Aspirers who have passed a Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination after completing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English must apply using this code. Practical exams in these topics, as well as English as a compulsory subject, will be included in the Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination.
- Code 05: Applicants must pick this code if they are studying a three-year degree program at a recognised university with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as necessary topics and have passed the first year including practical examinations in these areas. applicants should keep in mind that the qualifying test here must be a University Examination. They must have cleared the previous qualifying examination, which is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as a core course.
- Code 06: Applicants who have passed the BSc Examination from an Indian university with at least two of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Bio-technology must select this code throughout the application process. They must also have passed the previous qualifying test (10+2) with Physics, Chemistry, English, and Biology.
- Code 07: Applicants who have passed any other examination that is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board in scope and standard (years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology; which shall include practical test in these subjects) must select this code. aspirers who have passed the qualifying examination in a foreign country must additionally include this code.
How to Prepare for NEET 2024 using EduRev Infinity
The EduRev Infinity Package for NEET is the ultimate package for students aspiring to crack the NEET exam. It provides you with all the resources you need to ace your NEET exams. It's designed to provide comprehensive and up-to-date study material, practice tests, and guidance from experts in the field.
Though EduRev Infinity is more about quality than quantity, if we have to put a number, you would get around 50+ EduRev courses, which includes 1000+ tests, 1500+ docs, and 800+ videos for courses of EduRev Infinity! So you won't have to worry about missing out on anything.
Some of the famous courses in the EduRev Infinity Package include:
And this is just the tip of the iceberg, any new course that is added under EduRev Infinity Package for NEET over the year will also be a part of the package, with detailed solutions with every question, higher preference for questions asked, early access to new features and upcoming deeper analysis are all a part of EduRev Infinity!
All the content offered on EduRev has been curated by the mentors of AIR 17 Priyaz Mishra, Supriya Senapati (360/360 in Biology) & other experts.
What is the full form of NEET?
The full form of the NEET examination is the 'National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test'. It's a national-level medical entrance test conducted in India for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, BHMS, and other undergraduate medical courses.
Do I need to appear for NEET for admission to the MBBS course in AIIMS Delhi?
Yes, candidates must appear for the NEET examination and qualify on the merit list to pursue MBBS from AIIMS Delhi.
When should I start applying for NEET 2024?
Candidates can visit the official website for the exam - neet.nta.nic.in - as soon as the notification is released to fill out their NEET application form. The start and end date to fill NEET 2024 application forms has still not been announced.
When is the NEET 2024 exam being held and where?
NEET 2024 exam dates and exam centres are yet to be announced by the NTA. This is an important exam for students aspiring to get into top medical colleges in India for MBBS, BDS or AYUSH courses.
What is the NEET 2024 eligibility criteria?
The NEET 2024 eligibility criteria is yet to be notified by the authorities. For now, students can refer to the criteria given above which is based on the last year's eligibility criteria.
What is a Qualification Code?
The qualification code identifies the qualification a student is currently enrolled in; a qualification that has been completed by a student; or a qualification for which a course has been approved for Student Achievement Component funding.
Are supplementary candidates eligible for NEET?
Yes, candidates participating in supplementary exams can take part in NEET. However, during the time of examination, such candidates must provide the required documents for which the following criteria should be fulfilled – must have completed class 12 with a minimum of 40% for Reserved candidates and 50% for Unreserved candidates. Must be 17 years as of 31st December and not lesser. Nationality: Indian Nationals, OCIs, NRIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals. Check the complete list of eligibility from the official website.