Commerce : Nature of Marketing - Commerce Commerce Notes | EduRev
The document Nature of Marketing - Commerce Commerce Notes | EduRev is a part of Commerce
All you need of Commerce at this link: Commerce
Nature of Marketing
The Nature of Marketing (or Modern marketing) may be studied under the following points:
- Human activity: Originally, the term marketing is a human activity under which human needs are satisfied by human efforts. It’s a human action for human satisfaction.
- Consumer-oriented: A business exist to satisfy human needs, hence business must find out what the desire of customer (or consumer) and thereby produce goods & services as per the needs of the customer. Thus, only those goods should be produce that satisfy consumer needs and at a reasonable profit to the manufacturer (or producer).
- Art as well as science: In the technological arena, marketing is the art and science of choosing target markets and satisfying customers through creating, delivering, and communicating superior customer value. It is a technique of making the goods available at right time, right place, into right hands, right quality, in the right form and at right price.
- Exchange Process: All marketing activities revolve around commercial exchange process. The exchange process implies transactions between buyer and seller. It also involves exchange of technology, exchange of information and exchange of ideas.
- Starts and ends with customers: Marketing is consumer oriented and it is crucial to know what the actual demand of consumer is. This is possible only when required information related to the goods and services is collected from the customer. Thus, it is the starting of marketing and the marketing end as soon as those goods and services reach into the safe hands of the customer.
- Creation of Utilities: Marketing creates four components of utilities viz. time, place, possession and form. The form utility refers to the product or service a company offers to their customers. The place utility refers to the availability of a product or service in a location i.e. Easier for customers. By time utility, a company can ensure that products and services are available when customers need them. The possession utility gives customers ownership of a product or service and enables them to derive benefits in their own business.
- Goal oriented: Marketing seeks to achieve benefits for both buyers and sellers by satisfying human needs. The ultimate goal of marketing is to generate profits through the satisfaction of the customer.
- Guiding element of business: Modern Marketing is the heart of industrial activity that tells what, when, how to produce. It is capable of guiding and controlling business.
- System of Interacting Business Activities: Marketing is the system through which a business enterprise, institution or organization interacts with the customers with the objective to earn profit, satisfy customers and manage relationship. It is the performance of business activities that direct the flow of goods and services from producer to consumer or user.
- Marketing is a dynamic processe. series of interrelated functions: Marketing is a complex, continuous and interrelated process. It involves continuous planning, implementation and control.