PEASANTS,ZAMINDARS AND THE STATE
1. Who were raiyat?
2. Among which of the following ruler had ruled longest period of time
3. Who were khud kashta?
Peasants who were resident of village and had their own land
peasants who were not residents of village
peasants who work on zamindars land
none of the above
4. In Jins-i-kamil crops included like
both sugarcane and cotton
5. Who was known as Muqaddam mandal ?
6. Banduqchi was the term used for whom?
The mughal emperors had a group of the footmen known as banduqchi
7. Which among the following task was not under Panchayat in 16th century?
to stop violation of caste norms
development of the villages
to collect visitors tax
to collect tax from zamindars
8. What do you mean by mires?
It was the type of land in Maharashtra alloted in many villages
type of land
type of crop
type of farmer
type of cloth
9. Chillies,potatoes and fruits came to India from the New World. Here "New world" refers to ?
10. Who written Ain-i-Akbari?
Raja Man Singh