Needed a Document for parellogram?
|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
A quadrilateral is a closed figure which has four sides, four angles and four vertices. There are different types of quadrilaterals such as Parallelogram, Rectangle, Square, Rhombus, Trapezium and Kite.
A parallelogram is a quadrilateral in which
• opposite sides are parallel and equal,
• opposite angles are equal,
• the diagonals bisect each other,
• each diagonal divides it into two congruent triangles,
• adjacent angles are supplementary.
A square is a parallelogram in which
• all the sides are equal,
• each angle measures 90°,
• diagonals are equal and bisect at right angles.
A rectangle is a parallelogram in which
• diagonals are equal and bisect each other,
• each angle measures 90°.
A rhombus is a parallelogram in which
• all four sides are equal,
• diagonals bisect each other at right angles.
A diagonal of a parallelogram divides it into two congruent triangles.
If ABCD is a parallelogram and AC is a diagonal, then ΔABC ≅ ΔCDA.
If each pair of opposite sides is equal in a quadrilateral, then it is a parallelogram.
In a Quadrilateral ABCD, If AB = CD and BC = AD then, it is a parallelogram.
If the diagonals of a quadrilateral bisect each other, then it is a parallelogram.
In a Quadrilateral ABCD in which diagonals bisect each other then ABCD is a parallelogram.