Class 12 : Phylum: Coelenterata Unique features... Class 12 Notes | EduRev
The document Phylum: Coelenterata Unique features... Class 12 Notes | EduRev is a part of Class 12
All you need of Class 12 at this link: Class 12
1. 1st phylum which have nervous tissue.
2. Animals have tissue grade organization.
3. Aquatic. Mostly Marine.
5. Single or colonial.
6. Digestion- Intracellular and extracellular both.
7. Exoskeleton made of Chitin or Calcium carbonate.
8. Diploblastic. Outside epidermis and inside gastrodermis layer. And between both acellular mesogloaea.
9. Primitive nervous system. Lake of Central nervous system. Nervous cells non- poler.
10. Nematocysts cell present which help in nutrition, locomotion and protection.
11. Internal gastrovascular cavity.
12. Sexual and asexual both reproduction.
13. Dimorphic or Polymorphic.
15. Indirectly development. Ciliated planula larva is free floating stage.
16. 11000 spices are known today.