|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
1. Name the organ system responsible for excretion.
2. Name the excretory structures of Amoeba.
3. Name the excretory organs of vertebrates.
4. Name the major excretory product of human beings.
5. What is excretory organs of cockroach ?
6. Name three nitrogenous wastes produced during the metabolism.
7. Name various parts of excretory system of man.
8. What are the functional units of human kidneys ?
10. Give the technical term for the process of expelling of urine.
11. Where is the urine carried through ureters ?
12. What is urethra ?
13. Name the functional and structural unit of kidney.
14. Name the U-shaped tubule of nephron ?
15. Why is urine yellow in colour ?
16. Give the technical term for the dialysing machine.
17. Name two functions of human kidneys.
18. Define uraemia.
19. What is the main aim of excretion ?
20. Which part of kidney acts as dialysis bag ?
Very short answer questions :
1. Name the structural and functional unit of kidney.
2. Why is urine yellow in colour ?
3. Name the structure which stores urine temporarily.
4. Name the U shaped tubule of nephron.
5. What is the main drawback of artificial kidney ?
6. Name the tube which passes out urine from urinary bladder.
7. Name the chief nitrogenous waste materials in human beings.
8. What is the advantage of presence of two kidneys in man ?
9. Name two parts of a nephron.
10. Where does ultrafiltration occur in nephron ?
11. Name three parts of nephric tubule.
12. Define glomerulus.
13. Give the technical term for passing the useful substances from nephric filtrate back into blood in blood capillaries.
14. Give the technical term for the process of expelling of urine.
15. Which part of skeleton protects the kidney ?
Very Short Answer Question :
1. Nephron 2. due to a pigment urochrome 3. Urinary bladder
4. Loop of Henle 5. There is no reabsorption of useful substances 6. Ureter
7. Ammonia, Urea, Uric acid 8. If one kidney fails man can live on the other kidney.
9. Bowman's capsule and nephric tubule. 10. Bowman's capsule
11. PCT, loop of Henle, DCT
12. A tuft of capillaries present in the cavity of Bowman's capsule.
13. Selective re-absorption 14. Micturition 15. 11th, 12th ribs.
Short Answer Questions :
1. Define :
(c) Malpighian body
2. Name the excretory matter in :
(a) Fishes (d) Birds (b) Tadpole (e) Human
(c) Frog (f) Earthworm
3. What is the role of afferent and efferent arteriole in glomerular filtration ?
4. Explain the role of ADH in excretion.
5. Differentiate between ureter and urethra.
6. What will happen if there is no tubular re-absorption in the nephrons of kidneys ?
7. Differentiate between excretion and osmoregulation.
8. How is the amount of urine produced regulated ?
9. What happens to glucose which enters the nephron along with filtrate during excretion in human beings? State two vital functions of kidney.
Long Answer Questions :
1. Where and how is urea produced in ureotelic animals ? What happens to the kidney filtrate in descending limb of loop of Henle ?
2. Describe the structure of human nephron.
3. Briefly state the mechanism of urine formation in human kidney.
4. Explain the structure of kidney with the help of a well labelled diagram.
5. Explain the following, why ?
(a) Mammals are ureotelic, but birds are uricotelic
(b) Skin functions as an accessory excretory organ.
(c) Frog is ureotelic but tadpole is ammonotelic.
(d) Urine infection is more common in women than men.
(e) Frequency of urination increases after consuming alcoholic beverages.
Very short answer type Questions :
1. Name the two parts of a plant through which its gaseous waste products are released into the air.
2. Name a waste gas excreted by the plants only during the day time and only during the night time.
3. Name the process by which plants get rid of excess water.
4. Name the phenomenon of removing of waste product from the body.
5. Name the waste product which is produced by the stem of conifers.
6. Name the by-products of photosynthesis.
7. Name some waste products which are stored by the plants.
8. Name the plant from which quinine is obtained .
9. Name the plant from which morphine is obtained.
10. From which part of opium, morphine is obtained ?
11. From which part of cinchona, quinine is obtained ?
Short answer type Questions :
1. Define the excretion.
2. Write about the various waste products produced by the plants.
Long answer type question :
3. What are the methods used by plant to get rid of excretory process.