|Table of contents|
|Very Short Answer Type Questions|
|Short Answer Type Questions|
|Long Answer Type Questions|
1. Expand the following terms :
(i) IUCD (ii) STD (iii) HIV (iv) AIDS
2. How do oral contraceptives function?
3. What is contraception?
4. What is family planning?
5. What is a vasectomy?Vasectomy
6. What do you understand by fertilization?
7. What is the product of the fusion of a sperm and an ovum known as?
8. What changes occur in girls in the age group of 10-13 years?
9. Draw a well-labelled diagram depicting vasectomy and tubectomy.
10. Why is fertilization in humans possible, if copulation takes place during the middle of the menstrual cycle ?
1. Where does fertilization take place?
2. What is a foetus?
3. How is an embryo produced?
4. What is a zygote?
5. Write three examples of animals in which external fertilization occur.
6. Draw a labelled diagram of male reproductive system.
7. Name the parts present in human sperm. Show by labelled diagram.
8. What is syngamy?
9. What is the name given to primary sex organs?
10. What are copulatory organs?
1. What are the parts of a male reproductive system?
2. Define metamorphosis.
3. How does internal fertilization differ from external fertilization?
4. How does a sperm differ from an ovum?
5. Draw a labelled diagram of female reproductive system.
6. What are oviparous & viviparous animals?
7. Describe the process of development of zygote to foetus in brief.
8. What is puberty?
9. At what age do human males and females attain puberty?
10. What is tubectomy?
11. Why is it important to study about reproductive health?
12. What is ovulation?
13. Which organ enables the developing foetus to obtain nourishment from the mother's blood?
14. What are Graafian follicles?
15. What is gestation?
16. How many follicles mature every month during the reproductive phase of a human female?
17. What is internal fertilization? Give an example.
18. What happens if the mature ovum is not fertilized in a female?
19. Distinguish between
(i) Egg and Embryo (ii) Male and Female Urethra
20. Why is the vagina also called as 'birth canal'?
1. Why do female frogs produce eggs in large number?
2. "Sexual reproduction is more advance than asexual reproduction" why?
3. How foetus is different from the embryo?
4. In which female reproductive organ does the embryo get embedded and why?
5. How could a single cell become such a big individual?
1. What is the role of the seminal vesicles and the prostate gland?
2. What are the change seen in girls at the time of puberty?
3. How does the embryo get nourishment inside the mother's body?
4. If a woman is using a copper-T, will it help in protecting her from sexually transmitted diseases?
5. What are the functions performed by the testis in human beings?
6. Why does menstruation occur?
7. What are the different methods of contraception?
8. What could be the reason for adopting contraceptive methods?
|1. How do organisms reproduce?|
|2. What is sexual reproduction?|
|3. What is asexual reproduction?|
|4. What are the advantages of sexual reproduction?|
|5. What are the different methods of asexual reproduction?|