1. Expand the following terms :
(i) IUCD (ii) STD (iii) HIV (iv) AIDS
2. How do oral contraceptives function ?
3. What is contraception ?
4. What is family planning ?
5. What is vasectomy ?
6. What do you understand by fertilization ?
7. What is the product of fusion of a sperm and an ovum known as ?
8. What changes occur in girls in the age group of 10-13 years ?
9. Draw a well-labelled diagram depicting vasectomy and tubectomy.
10. Why is fertilization in humans possible, if copulation takes place during the middle of the menstrual cycle ?
Very short answer type questions :
1. Where does fertilization take place ?
2. What is a foetus ?
3. How is an embryo produced ?
4. What is a zygote ?
5. Write three examples of animals in which external fertilization occur.
6. Draw a labelled diagram of male reproductive system.
7. Name the parts present in human sperm. Show by labelled diagram.
8. What is syngamy ?
9. What is the name given to primary sex organs ?
10. What are copulatory organs ?
short answer type questions :
1. What are the parts of a male reproductive system ?
2. Define metamorphosis.
3. How does internal fertilization differ from external fertilization ?
4. How does a sperm differ from an ovum ?
5. Draw a labelled diagram of female reproductive system.
6. What are oviparous & viviparous animals ?
7. Describe the process of development of zygote to foetus in brief.
8. What is puberty ?
9. At what age do human males and females attain puberty ?
10. What is tubectomy ?
11. Why is it important to study about reproductive health ?
12. What is ovulation ?
13. Which organ enables the developing foetus to obtain nourishment from the mother's blood ?
14. What are Graafian follicles ?
15. What is gestation ?
16. How many follicles mature every month during the reproductive phase of a human female ?
17. What is internal fertilization ? Give an example.
18. What happens if the mature ovum is not fertilized in a female ?
19. Distinguish between
(i) Egg and Embryo (ii) Male and Female Urethra
20. Why is vagina called as 'birth canal' ?
Long Answer type questions :
1. Why do female frogs produce eggs in large number ?
2. "Sexual reproduction is more advance than asexual reproduction" why ?
3. How foetus is different from embryo ?
4. In which female reproductive organ does the embryo get embedded and why ?
5. How could a single cell become such a big individual ?
NCERT questions :
1. What is the role of the seminal vesicles and the prostate gland ?
2. What are the change seen in girls at the time of puberty ?
3. How does the embryo get nourishment inside the mother's body ?
4. If a woman is using a copper-T, will it help in protecting her from sexually transmitted diseases ?
5. What are the functions performed by the testis in human beings ?
6. Why does menstruation occur ?
7. What are the different methods of contraception ?
8. What could be the reason for adopting contraceptive methods ?